2.21.2009

Weekends with the parents






We have had a busy 2 weekends....Last weekend Dave and I drove to Austin to see Dave's parents...they kindly offered to babysit so we could have a romantic Valentine's Day date...I guess we are self-centered because it did not occur to me until we were in Austin that they were forgoing their own romantic valentines date by watching little Isabella....of course Dave's parents love seeing Isabella so they were very kind about the entire weekend. Saturday Dave took me to the most beautiful point in Austin (I could swear it is a spitting image of Europe), we then went to pick up Danny and Ashley for a fun night....We went to Romeo's...which was packed, but very fun. This weekend my parents came into town because they are on their way back from having dental work in Mexico...for those of you who need any dental work, it is worth the drive...(5 1/2 hours from Houston)...I needed 4 bridges (lucky to be born with 4 baby teeth that had no permanents)...my ritzy Houston dentist wanted to charge me 3,000 a piece (insurance would have paid about 500 or 1,000 each)....I went to Mexico and had 3 bridges done for 1500 total...Dave was embarrassed at first, but after it went well, they look great, and he realized we save about 7500 he got over it. Isabella has started doing lots of great things!!!!

Isabella is 6 1/2 months...she:
- says baaabaaa....I think I heard a maaamaaa in there somewhere
- she now scoots forwards...before it was only back...she actually leaps forward...very cute
- she sits up like a big girl
- she like cartoons...(don't worry she watches an average of 10 minutes a week)
- she sleeps in her own crib!!!!
- she holds her own juice bottle...it is little

She is still the sweetest baby ever....

House update....our house is still on the market....we had 2 people come look at it today....It is soooo hard having to leave for blocks of time and have the house always look perfect...We are hoping the Obabma stimulus attracts more buyers...Dave paid off my debt so we could buy the house...the house is only in my name because he was in MBA school at Rice when we bought it....we are wondering if when we go to buy our next house if he might qualify for the first time home buyers incentives...it sounds greedy, but it doesn't seem fair that all of these irresponsible people are getting help, but normal, honest, hard working Americans don't get anything....we shall see!!!

No matter what, I am still very grateful for my wonderful life....

No comments: