Well, it has been quite some time since I have posted...The last few weeks were going pretty well. The Saints are winning...(knock on wood).. Our Minnesota Viking friends (Lori and Derin) invited us to watch the saints/vikings game with them. We hired the senior high school next door neighbor. We had a blast (especially since the Saints won!!! Who DAt!)...We planted a garden last weekend so that the girls would be able to watch it grow. We have tomatos, lettuce, herbs, squash, and lots of other fun things. The weekend was going pretty well until Dave's mom called Saturday afternoon and said Grandma Evelyn passed away. She had been sick for the last 5 months, but it still was sad. She was such a WONDERFUL person....Always had a smile on her face. She was so smart...and so educated, well rounded. The four of us flew to New York for the funeral. It was a nice ceremony. I won't forget the rabbi saying how Grandma Evelyn loved to keep up with the news. That is something I will never forget about her...how smart she was...
It has been quite some time since I posted about the girls. They are starting a new daycare in January. The Goddard School by our house...We are very excited about the new school.
- She is 25 months
- such a sweetheart...she LOVES her mom, dad, and sissy
- is always blowing us kisses
- loves milk
- talks a lot
- working on potty training...we have good days, and bad days
- doesn't get mad when Sophia pulls her hair
- still doesn't eat a lot
- loves watching the Sprout Channel
- really likes when I take her for a bike ride in the back of my bicycle
- always wants to know who I am talking to on the phone
- says "mommmy, you work out"...meaning, she wants to go to the Y if I am working out...
- is so proud when she draws a picture...wants it hung on the fridge
- is petite...wears 18-24 month clothes...and says "cute" when I dress her up
- always wants a bow in her hair
- is 9 months
- is very petite...actually weighs 2 lbs less than Isabella did at her age
- gives me high fives
- claps her hands
- has started cruising
- eats pretty well...like cheerios...and ice creamm (of course)
- loves her sissy
- loves when we sing to her
- is such a sweet little girl
Dave and I have had date night 2 Friday nights in a row. Last Friday we met with Christa, Brad, my childhood friend Tara and her husband Lance, and my new Bunko friend Lori and her husband Darrin...we met at Baker Street in La Centerra. We had such a good time and it was nice how all 8 of our personalities meshed....This past Friday night we secured another babysitter and met our friends Lyndsey and Daniel at Brennans for restaurant week....3 course meal for 35.00, 5.00 goes to the local food bank....It was so good...I had turtle soup, filet, and bananas foster. Dave and I drove home and got stuck on 59 for an hour and a half. Our babysitter was kind to stay as late as we wanted, so we stopped at Bakers Street again for a few minutes...it was too fun!
Saturday we went to William's 8th birthday party at the bowling alley and then Tom (Brad's brother) his housewarming party. We were having a great time until Sophia threw up all over me...it was very bad...we had to leave immediately. She is feeling better today. I spent most of the day at my school getting ready for the students who come back tomorrow!
Last Sunday I went running early in the morning and saw a beautiful hot air balloon outside our house...It was pretty amazing. Things have been going well. I am back to work and the kids are back in daycare. The students come back to school on Sunday. Our school went through a 10 million dollar renovation over the summer. Things have been crazy. The good news is that my room looks brand new and I have brand new air conditioners....yea!!! The last two Friday nights Dave and I have been able to snag a babysitter and go on dates...We are also pretty excited that our next door neighbor's daughter is a senior in high school and has decided that she can change diapers and wants to babysit for the girls. Score for having a babysitter next door!!! haha... I am still trying to work out at the gym every day and am slowly losing the rest of my weight...I am pre Isabella and Sophia weight again. My goal is to be high school skinny...whatever that means:) Dave has been working out first thing every morning and he feels great. We have set up a system where we give the girls baths at night and pick out their clothes. This helps me get them ready in the morning since he is working out.
Isabella...just turned 2...
- she LOVES toy story...is obsessed...had a toy story birthday cake...loves her matching Jesse and Woody dolls that talk to each other
- says cool all the time...I guess I say it too much so she is saying it...I am trying to cut back...I guess there could be worse words
- Her hair is getting long, am still growing out her bangs
- she is not a good eater...I try....she like chicken a rice, fruit, milk, mac and cheese, fruit smoothies
- she is such a big girl...sings abc song, twinkle twinkle, mary had a little lamb
- is so cute when she tries to say "buzz light year to the rescue"
- Is talking a lot! Dave and I try and translate for each other
- Loves her little sister...has a big smile every time she sees her
- has taken a few steps back with the potty training...is not interested lately
- sometimes gets up in the middle of the night and we find her on the couch sleeping with her blanket and pillow
- sometimes climbs into our bed and then takes up the entire bed by sleeping horizontally
- has the cutest, brightest smile
- likes to sit at the big table to eat
- loves to close all the door...closes herself in our closet all the time
- played dress up today and looked so cute
- drew all over her body again the other night with a market...5 minutes before the babysitter showed up
- is like her mommy...an early bird...wakes up very early and is in the best mood!
Sophia...8 1/2 months
- such a sweet baby
- loves to sleep...will easily go to sleep at 8pm and not wake up until 8 or 9 am if she can...she has her daddy's sleeping pattern
- she looks just like Dave
- has 2 teeth
- loves yogurt
- is starting to eat more solid foods....fruits, veggies, mac and cheese, bread, she ate a very small piece of William's birthday cookie cake...
- she loves when people sing twinkle twinkle
- she crawls all over
- loves playing with her big sister
- hates being put into her car seat
- no longer has her baby bath seat...sits up in the tub all by herself
- starting to hold onto couch and the stool
- is getting to such a fun age
I can't believe I go back to work in less than 2 weeks...For the first time ever, I am not ready!!!! I have loved being with the girls all summer. We just got back from visiting Dave's grandma in New York City. We brought the girls and Paige and Morgan. It was such a nice trip. This weekend we took it easy. We had dinner across the street at our nice neighbor's house. They have a cute 2 year old that Isabella loves. Today we finally made it to Bob's Taco Stand. It was pretty good.
Isabella will be 2 in a few days....some updates
- still working on potty training...it has stalled somewhat
- she is talking a lot
- she loves chicken and rice...asks for it even for breakfast
- loves her little sister
- loves wearing bows in her hair
- so cute when she brushes her teeth in the morning and night...can't wait for her gummy vitamin
- loves to say "pretty"
- sings mary had a little lamb, but it sounds like marry had a little man
Sophia...almost 8 months
- has 2 teeth
- loves being held
- says baaabaaa
- starting to crawl
- loves to sleep in....
- eats more food...loves eggs and toast and cheetos (not together!)
Yesterday I decided to make a meat loaf for the first time ever. I can't believe I am 32 and have never made one before. I took the girls to HEB to pick up a few ingredients. (Isabella loves the big plastic carts) The meat loaf turned out pretty good. I made instant mashed potatoes (which were ok) and peas. For dessert, I baked a few apples and sprinkled splenda, cinnamon, and spray butter. I decided to puree the meat loaf so little Sophia could try some. In her defense, it totally looked like can dog food....she gagged and gagged and refused to eat it.
This morning I drug myself out of bed and went to the 9:30 CSI class at the Y. I do not love working out, but I have gone everyday in July (except last Sat and Sunday) and have worked my butt off...It is now a habit that I feel I should just do, and get it over with. After working out I decided to take the girls to the neighborhood pool. I drove through Chick Filet and got Isabella and I lunch to eat at the pool. I ordered the spicy chicken wrap (no sauce) because it is 400 calories and soooo good!!!! The girls were wonderful and so cute.
I am not sure what time Dave is coming home today. We will probably do something low key....I am craving sushi and would love to just have some red wine and have sushi delivered to the house....we shall see. Tomorrow night we are meeting up with friends who live in Qatar. Just one more week until we go to New York City. I am super excited!!!! The end of the summer is creeping up on me...I really am going to miss all of this time with my girls!!!!!
Today was such an awesome day. Let me preface it with the fact that last night we realized that Sophia now has 2 bottom teeth!!! How exciting...She is starting to be such a big girl. Today is Wednesday which means the girls go to daycare and I get to run errands, etc. I got so much accomplished. I went to the dentist for a cleaning (which was so not fun!), went to the dr for a check up, went to the ink store, exchanged Dave's wedding ring for a third time (now it fits!) and then and went to Panerra Bread and drank coffee and diet coke and worked on economics lesson plans for 3 hours...It was such a good day!!!! Dave came home and asked if we could go look at speakers at Best Buy. He has been saving his money for these speakers for our living room. (our house is pre-wired, so it was about time we got some). While we were there Isabella threw a tantrum and I took advantage of Dave's large purchase to slide in the Disney movie Ratatouille that I have wanted to buy Isabella for a while. Dave ended up getting a great deal on a set and then we went home for him to set them up. I took a picture of the beer Dave drank. Poor Dave, he is the only person in our household who tries to recycle. The problem is that he just leaves the beer cans/ other cans right outside the normal trash and never follows through. I end up just tossing it into the regular trash can. (I know, I suck for not being green!!!!). Dave (with the assistance of Isabella) put the new speakers in...They are wonderful!!!
We have had a couple of busy days. Christa and Brad watched the girls overnight last Saturday so that Dave and I could spend time with friends in Austin. We had such a blast. Lots of sun and lots of beer! When we got back on Sunday we picked up the kids and waited for my parents to come in. We noticed that Isabella had several big bites but were not that concerned. We were concerned about the one next to her eye because it seemed to keep getting larger and larger. After Isabella woke up from her nap we noticed that her left eye was completely shut. After seeing that all of the quick cares were closed Sunday evening, we decided to take her to the emergency room. Isabella suffered from an allergic reaction to whatever bit her. They gave her steroids, benadryl, and a grape Popsicle.
Other than that, things have been calm. I have continued to go to the YMCA and work out very, very hard. I am happy to report that I am finally seeing the results. I am back in the 120s and can fit into some old jeans. I am going to continue to work out hard....I really love the feeling after I am finished. Tomorrow the girls go to daycare and I am going to the dentist and running errands. I can't believe that the summer is flying by.
We are going to visit Dave's grandma in New York City in less than two weeks. We have decided to take my 12 year old niece and 15 year old nephew to help us out with the girls (and because they really, really want to see the city)
Today has been very adventuresome...Christa watched the girls this morning while I went and worked out at the Y....This is 9 days in a row of going to the gym....hooray for me!!!! We then took all the kids (Isabella, Sophia, Paige and Will) to a place called monkey business...it is a place with lots of fun jumps. It was pretty fun. I don't know if I would go again. I paid about 10.00 for Isabella to jump for a total of 30 minutes. We then came home and I cleaned out my closet. My goal for the next few weeks is to spend some time every day organizing something. Isabella played hard and took a long nap. She refuses to smile for pictures. This phase has gone on for about 6 months. Later on she pulled down some old photo books where she saw a picture of herself in a black wig for Halloween. As a joke we put it on little Sophia.
Oh and the Potty....where should I begin....
Isabella asked to go poo poo on the potty around 3...which she did...the potty process is long...often we just sit and sit and sit....I am not complaining...I am grateful that she is asking to go...Dave said we were out of m&ms so I was worried about the reward since we keep emphasizing the m&ms....Well, once she went I told her daddy was buying her m&ms and bringing them home...she ignored me and immediately went to the pantry and started to point...it is a good thing I am very unorganized because the container where I keep all the misc. candy (which trust me I don't eat!!!) had about 7 random m&ms...this was enough to tide her over and reward her.
She decided she wanted more m&ms...She remembered earlier when I told her she had to tee tee or poo poo to get m&ms so she told me she had to go....We sat there and sat there and sat there....she tried to be "sneaky" and spit a couple of luges (sp?) into the potty...of course I had her game, so after about 20 minutes I put a diaper back on her...she was trying to get me!!! haha...
Tomorrow is Wednesday which means Dave takes the girls to daycare for the day. I LOVE my girls, but am happy for the break where I can get things done... I have been scheduling all of my doctors, dentist appts on Wednesday.
Today we decided to go and try and eat at Bob's Taco Stand in Rosenberg, Texas. It is 12 miles from our house. It was featured on Food Network's Diners, Dives, and Drive Inns. They are known for their tacos and snow balls.
Of course our luck would have it that they are closed July 5th and 6th. We saw a barbaque resturant that we decided to try. It was odd because there were two resturants right next to each other with the same name. Dave and I were confused and just went inside where they told us no, they were not affilitated with each other. We went into the one that sold hamburgers and chicken, and not barbaque. The food ok, but the service was terrible. Isabella slept through the entire lunch.
Isabella has been asking every now and then to use the big girl potty. I bought her minnie mouse big girl panties that I usually put over her diaper. Today she told us she only wanted to wear her big girl panties (no diaper)...Dave did not think it was a good idea and he was right when she peed all over about 2 minutes after I put them on!
We had a great 4th of July. In the morning we relaxed and then took the girls to the pool down the street. The girls then took a nap while I ran to the YMCA to get in a quick workout. Later on we went to La Centerra (the town center by our house) for the Fourth of July Celebration. They had a band, food, drinks, and fireworks. Our neighbors across the street met up with us. Dave always complains about the wagon that Christa and Brad lent us, but it came in handy when we realized there wasn't a lot of seating. We just took the rails off and sat on the wagon. He was actually pretty grateful for the wagon!
I haven't blogged in a million years....Lots of things have happened....School got out and Dave and I and the girls took a trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico and Denver, Colorado. It was such a wonderful trip. We stayed at the nicest hotel in Santa Fe in the center of the plaza. We met up with Christa and Brad and their kids at the YMCA family camp in the Rocky Mountains.
For the last month I have been enjoying my time off with the girls while Dave is at work. I have been doing so well going to the YMCA and working out. I have taken several exercise classes that kick my butt....but I can totally start seeing the results.
Here is an update on the girls
Isabella will be 23 months in two days
- she speaks in sentences
- still the queen of the castle
- has peed and pooped on the big girl potty
-is letting her bangs grow out
- loves to go swimming at the pool-- we actually have signed the girls up for lessons at the YMCA next week.
- is obsessed with Toy Story (she loved the third)
- is still a picky eater, but now asks for chicken and rice
Sophia- almost 7 months
- is teething
- weighs about 14 pounds
- loves the exosaucer
- loves her big sister
- eats formula, fruits, vegetables
- coos and mimicks
- raised her hand like me when I asked her to