9.17.2008

Hurrican Ike






It has been a while since I updated the blog. I a lot has happened. Isabella is getting so big. I don't think she has colic anymore. We had a couple of bad nights, but overall she is a great baby. Dave and I decided to ride out hurricane IKE in Houston. That was a stupid idea. Between 3 am- 6 am I was scared out of my mind. The winds were blowing so bad that I made Dave and Isabella go with me and sleep on the floor in the hall. Our bed has a window right behind it and I kept thinking it was going to blow out. We lost power around 3 am. The next day we decided to head to Austin and stay with Dave's brother Danny and his wife until we had air. We stayed until Monday and then came home to power! We still don't have Internet or cable, but are fortunate because some people don't have power. There is a city wide curfew between 9 pm and 6 am every day until Saturday. The gas lines are so long (hours and hours wait time). I went to the grocery store (HEB) and they were running on generators....no cold food. My school district canceled classes all week, just in time for me to go back on Monday. Dave and I took Isabella for a walk the last couple of days in her new jogging stroller.

No comments: