6.23.2009

What....swim diapers aren't absorbant???



So, I found this out today when Isabella peed all over me while we were eating at Chick Filet. Apparently this is a right of passage that new moms all must go through. Christa and I took all of the kids (hers, Brad's, and mine) to the Cinco Ranch water park. We decided to go to have lunch at Chick Filet afterward so I just threw a dress over her swim diaper and bathing suit. Next thing you know she is sitting on my lap (empty high chair right next to us) when it occurred.

So far this summer has been very relaxing. I can honestly say I am not getting much accomplished, but I am justifying it by telling myself that I need a break. Isabella and I take long naps (I am 15 weeks pregnant) and hang out. She is getting cuter and cuter every day. We went to Panama City Beach Florida with my family last week. We had a great time, but realized taking a baby to the beach is hard. The second we would drag all of our stuff out there, lather her with sunscreen she would get sand all over her face and eyes....poor baby.

I am truly grateful that we were able to sell our house and move to Cinco Ranch. Dave, Isabella, and I love our new house and neighborhood. We take Isabella for walks to the park (when it is not 100 degrees out side). We especially love going to the town center (about 2.5 miles from our house) on Thursday or Saturday evenings. They have music playing, food, beer and wine, and a water play area that Isabella can play in.

Isabella is 10 months. A few updates on Isabella:
- has 5 teeth (2 on bottom, 3 on top)
- knows how to clap when we ask her to
- claps when we play "if you are happy and know it" game
- when we ask her "what does a cow say" she tries to moo
- cruises around furniture
- has stood up on her own for a few seconds
- is very close to taking a few steps
- has thrown a few tantrums (very short)

Also, we have been trying to introduce her to lots of non-baby jar food. She loves Subway tuna sandwhiches, chicken nuggets, organges, lemons, pancakes, ice cream,

No comments: