8.30.2009

busy, busy weekend!!!



I knew in advance this would be a crazy weekend....Friday Christa and Brad drove out this way and we went to Indigo Joes for dinner. Pretty good food and atmosphere. Saturday I woke up very early- I was helping co-host a baby shower for my friend Lyndsey- she is having a little girl, Gwendolyn Leigh, November 21. It turned out to be a great shower. I found a children's book called Gwendolyn, the pig ballerina, which became a theme. Lyndsey got a lot of very cute stuff for little Gwendolyn. I went home, took an hour nap, and then we left for a wedding. We had to leave the wedding a litle early to attend a friend's 30th birthday party at Dave and Busters. Sunday we woke up, went to mass, and ran a few errands. The hectic weekend finally caught up with me (I felt like I got hit by a bus) so I slept almost the entire day. I woke up in time for Dave and I to go down the street to attend the Cinco Ranch's Sunday concert in the park. It was so nice. Lots of kids and families. The music was wonderful- a cover band that played lots of good songs. Isabella played in the sand, went on the swing, and danced to the music. We can't get over how much we love it out here in the burbs, specifically our new planned community. Tomorrow night I am going to the Cinco Ranch Ladies Club meeting. It is the "rush" where you can join lots of clubs (dinner, movie, etc). Tuesday night I am going to bunko...I found it through a friend of a friend and am a sub...I am anxious to meet people our age age with small children. Good news- we have finally decided on a FIRST name for the new addition arriving in December. SOPHIA....we think it goes well with Isabella...now to decided on a middle name.

1 comment:

nana said...

YAY!! I think Sophia was one of my picks! Can't to hear what her middle name will be!