8.23.2009

crazy weekend


This weekend has been quite crazy...who would ever have thought....Saturday morning Dave and I took Isabella for a 6 mile bike ride. Dave attached the baby bike seat to my bike thinking she and I would take bike rides this summer while he was at work (yea right!!!! not a chance in this 105 degree heat wave)...So you have a 6 month pregnant woman on a bike with a 12 month old baby. All was well until I lost my balance at an intersection and fell off my bike. Good thing Isabella and I our bike helmets on. She stayed strapped in the seat and I just scraped up my knee...other than that we are ok. I am sure the spectators of this event were probably looking at us in shock!!!! Saturday afternoon we met up with our friends Stuart and Karen who flew in from Florida. I was not much fun because of being so tired from the bike ride.

Sunday morning Isabella and I woke up early and went to mass (we let Dave sleep in....he never gets a chance). We tried out a Catholic Church in Cinco Ranch for the first time. I have to say it was pretty good. Isabella was an angel. She was so well behaved. The priest called all the teachers to the front to say a prayer for because tomorrow the students are coming back!!!! I am excited!!! and ready!!!!

For the other craziness of the weekend. On Friday when we had our friends Nicole and Barry over for dinner, our air conditioner would not cool down...We finally called a repair man over this afternoon after the roof ceiling started leaking...long story short our ac coil is leaking freon. The guy wanted us to pay 3200....I freaked out...This house is less than 3 years old! He mentioned nothing about a warranty, etc. I made Dave call another guy who was MUCH more reasonable and who said the coil was probably covered by warranty. He is going to try and stop by later tonight...meanwhile we don't have air...yea!!! It really is not that bad..I told Dave that my gut kept telling me the first guy was a rip off and I think I might be correct....

Hopefully this week will be wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: