8.31.2009

chocolate donut


I felt so guilty about waking up Isabella this morning on the way to school so that I could run into Kroger's and buy some fruit loops for an economics simulation I will do with my students. I felt to bad that I bought her a chocolate donut....that put her in a good mood! Both of us are coming down with something....she has a cold (bad runny nose) and I have a soar throat. She did pretty well at daycare today, but when I picked her up she was in a bad mood. Apparently one of her friends woke her up from a nap a little earlier than she should have been awoken. I gave her some motrin which seems to have worked a little. Tonight was the Cinco Ranch ladies club meeting where you get to sign up for lots of clubs. I signed up for a play group (they meet mostly during the day, but have a once a month movie night at the Lake House...the kids wear pjs and daddys are welcome!). I also signed up for a wine group (planning ahead!), movie group, and craft group. Tomorrow night I have bunko and look forward to meeting new ladies in the neighborhood.

Today was a challenge at work. Our air went out again most of the day. My school is pretty old and we have this happen on a regular basis (especially Mondays). The kids are really good about it. Many of the teachers (me included) brought the kids outside to learn because it was cooler than in the classroom. Dave came home from work in a great mood. Apparently his job is going really well (which I am so happy about).

Friday the three of us are making a quick trip up to Coney Island, New York to visit Dave's grandmother. It will be a short trip, but we are looking foward to the visit.

No comments: