3.28.2009

False Alarms






Last night we met some friends out at a sports burger place. Around 10 pm we received a call from our alarm company saying the house alarm was going off...apparently the front door was open. They asked if we wanted them to send the police and we said of course. We then get a phone call back saying that apparently we never sent in a alarm form to HPD so they would not go. How crazy is that. So we drove home and the door was wide open and the lights were on. I don't remember keeping the lights on. Dave looked under every bed, in every closet, even the attic. Nothing appears to be missing. I made Dave let me have Isabella sleep in our bed (she normally is in her crib) but I just did not feel 100% safe.

Things have been hectic around here (when are they not!). We are supposed to close on our house in 2 weeks and close on the new house in 3 weeks. We are probably going to pack some of the day today. We have the inspection for our new house this morning. We are very excited. It is in Cinco Ranch (a nice planned community). The house is 2700 sq ft, 2 stories, 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bath, a game room, and was built in 2006. I am super excited about the little things (not having to take a shower in a space capsule anymore...yea for 1960s houses....I love the house because of its open floor plan and the living room that is 2 stories high. The only thing we have to do is decorate and build some type of patio.

On the graduate school front. Am almost finished...can see the finish line. Christa and I have spent the last month studying for hours upon hours for our comprehensive exam to graduate. (it covered 10 graduate classes). To make a long story short, we took it for over 3 hours and were freaking out when we didn't recognize 1 of the questions. Apparently Sam Houston accidentally sent us the wrong test....how crazy...I think I did well on all of the questions except 1- they have said they will not grade that one because we never took Educational Psychology. I am just glad it is over!!! I do still have to study for my state of Texas principal exam which is next Saturday.

As I am typing this it is 9:13. Both Dave and Isabella are snoring. Isabella woke me up at 5:30 (on a Sat) and have not been able to go back to sleep..good times:)

No comments: