10.22.2009

Fake cry




We woke up this morning with our normal routine. Isabella hates when I do her hair in the morning. I end up having to bribe her or hand her something to keep her preoccupied. This morning she started to fake cry when I tried to do her hair. It is actually pretty funny, if not cute. Of course I can't let her know I think this! It rained so hard this morning that it took Dave over an hour to get to work downtown. I don't like rain, but do like the cooler weather that it brought!

Today has been a pretty good day. I am teaching the multiplier to my ap macroeconomics students. It can be confusing, but I feel they are starting to grasp the concept. I had them read an article out of The Economist that was about the Multiplier and our Economy/ Recession. They then had to summarize the article using a technique called GIST....basically they have to summarize the article in 20 words...no more...no less...It is actually harder than it sounds. The kids liked the activity. Christa and I figured out we could retire from teaching around the age of 54. I don't know if I will make it in the classroom that long! It was funny because later today after the conversation I passed her classroom and she was teaching. I had this funny image pop into my head of the two of us 25 years from now teaching....except in my image she was wearing a sack dress....It is funny because we laugh about as teachers get older, they start looking like teachers!!! Hopefully we will always be hip, young, and energetic....oh ya, and positive! Today in one of my classes one of my students commented that he liked to get mail when he was in jail. Another student commented that we would write to him the next time he goes back....how crazy is that....these conversations are normal....I just know little Isabella and Sophia will not be in a school environment where this talk is "normal".

Tomorrow we go to Shreveport. We are leaving right after work and should arrive around 7:30 pm. My aunt invited all of us over to her house Saturday afternoon to have lunch before my cousin's wedding. Hopefully this weekend won't fly by!!!!

No comments: