10.28.2009

Flying Posts



I just got into work. On the way a Fed Express truck hit a bunch of those white dividing polls that stand up..they started flying everywhere...one even hit my car...thankfully there was no damage! This morning I go for my last ultra sound. I am about a week late, but kept rescheduling it hoping Dave could go with me. Every time I would have to change it because he had a work conflict. Today was the 3rd change and he can't go with me because he is in Port Arthur at the natural gas terminal so Christa is going to go with me. We both have 3rd period off so we can run over there really quick. I am excited to see Sophia and make sure she is ok. I am 33 weeks and a day, so I have less than 7 weeks until my due date. I am still doing really well on my weight. I have gained 21 pounds so far. It is funny because everyone says you start showing sooner with the second and you gain more weight, but it has been the opposite with me. I think it is because I have been working the later part of the pregnancy where with Isabella I was at home during the summer for the last 10 weeks. I much prefer this situation! Dave and I did just find out that we have to start paying for Sophia's daycare now if we want to hold her spot at the same daycare where Isabella goes. It is a tad disappointing, but I completely understand that they have to charge if others want the spot right now! So, I am grateful that they are offering it to us first:)

This has been such a crazy week. On Monday I had a student in my 2nd period arrested. He was literally taken out of my class by a cop and then handcuffed right outside my room. Crazy what this world is coming to. It makes me sad because I blame the kids, but I also blame the environment they are living in where illegal behavior is accepted. Often the kids parents are in jail. There seems to be this attitude with some (not all) of my students that stealing is ok. I was raised the complete opposite (thank you mom and dad!!!) that it is never right.

Anyway, today is hump day. Dave gets back into town tomorrow night. Tonight we have report card pick up at school so Paige (and Brad) are going to babysit Isabella. It should be a long day. Friday we are having dinner at a friends house, Saturday is Halloween. Cinco Ranch is having a children's festival and I am signed up to work the mommies group booth for 30 minutes. I guess we will then leave some candy out and take Isabella trick or treating or maybe just pass out candy at our house. Sunday we are having dinner at another friends house...(Pizza and Pinot Noir)...of course I can't drink the Pinot Noir, but I can eat the pizza:)

Before I forget...Please pray for Dave's grandma. She is in the hospital and has been having health issues. I think she might be coming home today or tomorrow. Dave's mom is in New York with her. She is the sweetest lady and still has a long life ahead of her. She is older, but is in pretty good health.

No comments: