12.05.2011

Meatballs and unplanned expenses....

Wow...where do I even start....today has been crazy. Today I was driving to the gym at 5:45 am when I noticed my check engine light on...great...a few weeks ago my car didn't start...the next day it did start, but in the back of my mind I knew I needed to take it to be checked out. So I called Christa to ask her to pick me up at the auto shop by my school. I w
orked out (it was crazy rainy weather) and then dropped the car off. Crazy day at school after taking Friday off (my sister in-law and I helped throw my mother in law a 60th bday party in Austin). I walked into my class to find my desk covered in ants....the rest of the day went well. The mechanic called to say my thermometer was broken ....Anyway, I had to call Dave and ask him to pick up the girls. Christa agreed to let me tag along with her until my car was ready (6pm)...I picked up my car and then had to go to grocery store and finally made it home at 7...Dave had dinner waiting...delicious meatball subs...the funny thing is that I bought 2 huge packs of meatballs for my mother in laws bday, but forgot to bring them to Austin...so we have LOTS of them...since we have had crazy expenses, we have decided to be creative with them...tonight was meatball subs, tomorrow Dave is using them on pizza, the following night is spagehetti and meatballs...good times:) This week is probably going to be the busiest week I have...besides the craziness of today, tomorrow I have work, dr apt at 3:30, bunko at 6:30...Wed have work and then a hair appointment...Thursday I have work, Isabella's parent watch ballet/Christmas party and then a very cool cookie exchange with 34 other women, and then Friday work and then taking Sophia to a fun dinner for her 2nd bday!!! Oh, and I have to order 3 pizzas to be sent to Sophia's school on Friday for her bday celebration and buy a couple dozen cupcakes.... All in all we are blessed...we have each other...the girls are amazing...Sophia's memorable moment of the day was pulling her pants up by herself. Sophia's report said they learned about different holidays-Christmas, Hanaukah, etc..each kid said which one they celebrate...I am pretty sure Sophia doesn't know. I asked Isabella what she wanted to give her teachers for Christmas...she thought about it for a second and said "how about an ornament...then she said, how about an apple ornament"...how cool is that...I told her that would be our craft for this weekend. We would give her teachers apple ornaments and maybe a giftcard (to Starbucks)..she had the biggest grin on her face:) one more thing...Sophia is totally into wearing my shoes and clothes...I put my shirts on her backwards and she loves it!!! She is such a girlie girl!

No comments: