12.22.2011

Molly

I kind of blame Christa for this story...but in a good way...Here is the story...I have been saying forever I wanted to get a puppy (small lap dog) for the girls and I...We always had a dog growing up. Everytime the girls are around Lucy (Christa's maltese) they LOVE her. My idea was a small little Lucy...Everytime I brought up the subject, Dave would say "nope
!"...I knew he wasn't 100% against the idea because we went to a few shelters together. Fast foward to yesterday. I was woke up from a nap on Christa's couch (my mom just came into town and she was going to watch the girls so we could go out with Brad, Christa, Tom and his new girlfriend)...Christa showed me a picture of twin Maltipoos (maltese/ poodles)...they were adorable and up for adoption. She called the lady to see if we could go look at them. An hour later Christa and I were in the hood looking at these sweet dogs that we could not leave behind. We were waiting for the lady to arrive and 2 men across the street were staring at us while doing what I call "prison pushups"... Christa let me have the smaller cuter one and she had the one that was more motherly, loving. She let Christa just hold her like a cat. The puppies were in a house in a bad neighborhood that a woman owned for the sole purpose of keeping cats and dogs for adoption. When she let them out they were all so cute, but they were pooping and peeing everywhere. It was pretty bad. We knew we had to get them. The lady let us adopt them, take them, and we stopped at Pet Smart to pick up 2 crates, dog food, and pee pads... So my plan was to tell Dave after he had a few beers at the Yard House. I was surprised how well he took it....I think it was because of how cute they were. He said that Isabella could name her...so she named her Molly and Christa's kids finally came up with Lilly. I have been good about bringing Molly out to use the restroom. Brad will help us in a few days install a doggie door. Fingers crossed potty training goes well...haha...Between potty training a puppy and a 2 year old, I should win a prize...

No comments: