1.04.2009

Blue Ray






My parents bought Dave and I a blue ray for Christmas...while I am normally very grateful for Christmas presents, this one I am not so sure....Dave keeps buying blue rays (which are not cheap!!!) and even has bought blue rays that he already owns (Pirates of the Caribbean)...I am trying to be a good sport, but 30.00 a movie seems to be expensive....I keep thinking about all of the cute dresses I could be buying Isabella.

We had a pretty quiet weekend...I spent most of it working on lesson plans. I have finally taken the plunge and designed a stock market project for all of my economic students. The stock market has been a subject that has intimated me, but I feel like it is something that the kids will really enjoy. They will all be given 100,000fake money to invest int he stock market. Gmail financial has a really user friendly site the kids can use....Each class will have 1 winner and then we will have the classes compete against one another. It will be interesting to see how the AP Macroeconomics students fair against the regular economic students.

Isabella has been pretty fussy the last few days. I am not sure if it is something we are feeding her (maybe it is too soon to do the applesauce and rice cereal). She has the smelly diarrhea and throw up again....( I know...tmi)...she is such a sweet baby, but these last two weeks at home with her make me realize how hard it is being with a baby all day long....having to entertain them... she will play with her toys for a few minutes, but gets bored and wants to be held or mommy to play with her.

We had a couple of good leads on our house...hopefully someone will buy it soon. We love our little house, but it is way too small for the three of us. Isabella's toys alone take up most of the house.

Christa and I are giving a presentation to all of the teachers at our high school tomorrow....I am excited, but nervous. Our topic is the importance of telling students the purpose of a lesson. Too often teacher do not tell the students why the content is important or how it will impact their life. We are going to start the session by having them do something but not really telling them how to do it or the purpose. We then will go through the proper steps and compare the two.

Dave and I both ran 3 miles today. We are supposed to be training for a half marathon in less than a month....I can barely run three miles so I am not sure how that is supposed to work. It is funny how once you stop running (even for a short period of time) you can lose it.....I laugh when I think that I actually ran a full marathon in exactly 5 hours....It kills me to run 3 miles!!! My main motivation for losing weight is that I want to be "tiny" when we start trying to have another baby....(which will probably be around July)...

No comments: