1.25.2009

Flooring






This weekend went by super fast....too fast in fact....Friday night we went to a double birthday party at Spotlight Karaoke. Our friends Diana and Ashley both turned 35 so we went to celebrate. It was the first time we "hired" an official babysitter that was not a family member or friend. One of my seniors, a sweet girl name Julianne, came and babysat for Isabella. Everything went very well, Isabella was her normal sweetheart self. We had a blast singing, eating sushi, and catching up with friends.

Saturday morning Dave, Christa, Brad, and I woke up bright and early to embark on a day of installing new kitchen and bathroom flooring in our tenant's condo...(side note...for those of you who don't know...Christa conned me into going halves and buying an "investment condo" We got a great deal and an eighty year old tenant. It will financially be great one day, but until then, it can be a pain in the arse...We spent 9 hours working on the floor....craziness. I really don't think it needed to be replaced.

Dave and I still have our house on the market. We put it up at a bad time (holidays/ recession). We have had a couple of offers, but they have been CRAZY LOW offers. People think that because it is a recession that we are going to give our house away. We aren't moving because we have to, but because we want a larger house since Isabella's arrival and we want to be in suburbia with other young families. We have to keep our house perfect (you should see the garage!) because at any moment someone could call and want to see the house. This morning we were trying to recover from the weekend of work when the centralized agency called asking if someone could look between 11-1...which was great, but also meant we had to leave the house for a couple of hours...fun, fun...

Isabella has been so sweet lately. She smiles and laughs all of the time. She is crawling, which is exciting, but she can only go oneway....backwards...it is too cute. I have embroidered really cute things for Isabella and word got around at her daycare that I have an embroidery machine. I really do not want to be in the embroidery business. I have waaaaay too much going on. So now I have to figure out a way to not feel like I have to embroidery everything for people who ask. I am tired...so tired....I just started graduate school again (last semester...yea).

No comments: