1.01.2009

Finally understand blogspot settings!





I feel like I do not post a lot on the blogspot because I didn't like my background. I finally spent an hour or so figuring out how to add cute backgrounds, etc. This is a test post so I can see the differences. It also gives me a chance to post more pictures. Christa and I bought Dave and Brad the same sweaters for Christmas. We had pirate accessories (aka fake earrings) they were wearing in the picture. We had a great New Years Eve at home with a few friends and very good gumbo!!!!

I forgot to update some of Isabella's accomplishments: She will be 5 months in a few days. Here are some of the things she does:
- rolls over from being on her back to being on her stomach (the only problem is she can't do the opposite so after a minute or so she starts crying)
- she is still sleeping in the bassinet next to our bed (our new excuse of why she can't sleep in her crib/room is that she might roll over and not be able to roll back...I know....very weak)
- smiles all the time
- recognizes her feet
- responds to her name being called
- plays peek a boo
- LOVES the "where is thumb kin" song
- must wear bibs most of the day or she will spit up on her clothes
- is eating rice cereal from a bowl, bananas, and applesauce
- stands pretty steady with our help
- is almost sitting up on her own without falling over
- likes her exasaucer more
- watches SPROUT

I almost forgot the Santa story...I really need to post more....Throughout the entire holiday season I kept telling Dave we needed to get Isabella's picture on Santa's lap. Well it was Christmas eve and we still had not had the picture taken. Dave was at work (we were supposed to leave pretty early to have Christmas Eve in Austin with the in-laws) and I took her to the Galleria. I dressed her up very cute, but was aggravated because we forgot to put her stroller back in my car. So for 2 hours I stood in line with her (holding her). After about an hour, some kid threw up all over Santa and he had to leave to have a wardrobe change. Isabella slept most of the time and when it was almost her turn I woke her up. She was pretty fussy, but once she sat on Santa's lap and was told to "smile for the camera" she smiled away...she is such a ham when it comes to the camera....she loves it!!!!
So the most important lesson I learned (besides the fact I will not wait until the last minute to have Santa pictures taken) is to always make sure the stroller is in the car!!!!

No comments: