2.14.2011

Dream Dinners




My good friend Melissa has been trying to get us to go to Dream Dinners for awhile...the concept is you look at a menu, order dinners and then go make them. You bring them home in a cooler, put them in the freezer until you are ready to cook them...I finally broke down and signed up after they ran a special on Groupon. Dave and I went last Thursday for our appointment...We made it a little date...So tonight we are on dream dinners #2...I can say I am VERY impressed...you buy the dinners in portions of 3 or 6...3 is perfect for our family because Dave and I each get one and then the girls share the other portion. The portions average out to about 5.00 a meal. The first meal we had was a Thai Ginger steak...oh soo good and easy...took maybe 10 minutes to cook...we added veggies...Tonight I cooked cheesed stuffed ravioli in a pesto chicken pasta dish...I added veggies and a salad....sooo good!!!!! It is filling and not a lot of calories...with the sides, the meals end up being around 500 calories...give or take...The cool thing about dream dinners is that every night it is something different...kind of like going out to eat, but way less expensive, and the portions are perfect.

No comments: