3.22.2012

Spring Break

Where shall I begin. Both the Wilcox and Wilson family decided we wanted to to Spring Break on the cheap. The original plan was to camp at soem point, but the weather was pretty awful a lot of the time...so we decided to visit family. Saturday, first stop, Christa's wonderful in-laws Marsha and Tim...they are so nice and fun...they didn't even freak out when Sophia
sharpied their brand new house's wall (which Brad thankfully got out!)...we had so much fun...and of course we will always have a special place in our heart for Brad's father Tim, because he saved Isabella from drowning in the pool 2 summers ago...he is and will always be our hero....next stop, Tyler, Texas to stay in mom and dad's apartment for a few days (Sun-Wed)...we too had a blast...although I don't think the guys were happy about visiting the Good Will (which is awesome) on the weekend it re-opened...I told Dave 'it is a good thing I don't have any decorating sense because I didn't buy anything)....actually I bought a cute 6.00 summer dress that I had to get Christa to agree it was cute:) We had a great time. We went out to my dad's companies's lake pavilion. It was fun.. The first night Christa and I decided to go to Fresh, which is Brookshires "Whole Foods...but better"... we wanted to buy stuff to cook for dinner...funny story...Of course we do not go in the store and say our dad in the vice-president of the company and runs the entire Super 1 Division...we are just 2 girls wanting to make chicken with a mushroom sauce...we find the poultry...8.00 a pound...heck no were we going to pay that...2 of the meat guys (I think managers) noticed our conversation and came tp see of we meeded help. Christa wanted to know where the cheap chicken was. He said the cheapest was the Brookshire brand at 4.00 a pound...so we agreed to buy the adults the good chicken and wanted to know where we could get the cheap chicken for the kids...the guy was super nice and said the bag chicken was on aisle....I told Christa, "that is what we want for everyone...frozen chicken breast in a bag"...we then found it, continued shopping, I started lookinf for a sippy cup (because of course I left all of them at home..the cheapest was 10.00....nope...I bougt apple juice boxes instead)...we bought an awesome key lime pie from the bakery for 9.99. We found our self back to the meat section, across looking at the 'good cheese" because Brad like cheese....we were going back in fourth for a few minutes trying to decide what to buy...the same guys saw us and thought we were looking once again at something we couldn't afford...so he was nice and said, "hey do you want me to tell you the aisle the "other cheese" is on....it was so funny....he was tryig to be nice...we just aren't snobs and watch our money....and Fresh is expensive...we ordered the girls 2 corndogs outside and it rang up to 12.00...Dave and I were like, uh...just 1...well it ended up being 5 mini gourmet corndogs with an awesome sauce. We left Tyler and headed to Dallas to visit Brad's twin brother Brian, his wife Betthnay, and their cute little boy Andrew. We had a blast....Then we came home to reality and back to work:) the interesting news is that I have decided to get my masters in counseling...I found a program that is 12 classes, 18 months...I feel this is my calling...we shall see.

No comments: