3.28.2012

It's Raing, It's Pouring....

Today was my last day of training for the 200 miles relay race I am participating in. It is called the Texas Independence Race. I have 4 4mile legs. Today half way through my run it started POURING raining...not a drizzle, but hard rain....I was fine...Today was one of those really good days. My assistant principal who appraises me to do his final walk through.
The seniors were finishing up their research on entitlement programs before they presented to the class. He went around and asked them questions. He later told me he thought the lesson was really good, he could tell the kids knew what they were presenting, and that he was impressed it was almost April and all the Seniors were working. I am just glad I don't have to worry about him coming in to do a full observation. Of course I teach everyday, but some lessons are better than others. I can't remember if I have written about going back to school or not. I was accepted into the Lamar University's Masters in Counseling Program. I start my first class April 9th. All the classes are taken one at a time for 5 weeks each. I am excited. I know it will be a lot of work (I am doing it all online), but really feel that is my calling. Teachers are natural counselors because kids come to us all the time to talk about their problems, questions about college, etc. The girls have been cute as usual. Sophia is going through a phase where she copies everything Isabella says. She is talking a lot more than in the past. They both are doing very well at school. They both love playing in the bathtub and finding matches with a puzzle they have. Isabella is very much into patterns. The teacher is super impressed. I am constantly in awe over the new words that come out of both of their mouths. The other day they were watching Puss and Boots. I asked Isabella what was happening. She said some character betrayed another character....I was like, wow...where did you learn the word betrayed?? It seems like all my facebook friends are pregnant. Everyone has had their first, but because many of us waited until our 30s, they are all having the next one sooner rather than later. I am happy for all of them!

No comments: