7.13.2012

H&M....oh how I love you:)





Today was wonderful (besides the weather....5 days raining straight)...it was a busy, productive day.  The girls and I woke up, got ready and headed out to Christa's apartment.  We picked up Christa, Paige, and Will and then headed to Willowbrook mall because the 1st Houston H&M.  Houston getting an H&M is huge!  For the last decade, we have loved this store from afar. Every time we were on the east coast or in Europe, we would designate a chunk of money to shopping at this cool, relatively inexpensive store.  The funny thing is that before today, we had to shop CAREFULLY, because we could not take it back.  Last year Dave went to Las Vegas on a trip.  He bought me a few surprises at the H&M.  Half of the stuff I couldn't wear.  It was funny.  He thought he was buying me dresses, when in fact he bought me jumpsuits.  I tried them on and we both laughed...they are now delegated to "Halloween costumes". 

Today I got out relatively cheaply. I bought myself a couple of things and the girls a few "fall clothes".  I bought Isabella a pair of 10.00 black ballet flats.  She loves them and Sophia wants a pair.  They didn't have Sophia's size, so I am going to keep an eye out because Sophia loves clothes.

We left H&M and took the kids to see Ice Age: Continental Drift.  It was as good and funny as the other 3.  Christa and I agreed that Ice Age was a great franchise.  Paige was embarrassed because Christa and I laughed so much...(more adult humor vs kid humor). We saw it in 3-D (which we try to avoid, but it was the only one where the timing would work out).

We dropped Christa and the kids off so we could make it to the girls swim lessons.  Paige was going to be picked up by her dad and step-mom and forced to dress up as a cow with the rest of her family so they could receive free chick-filet meals. (I want to see picts)...while we were in the movie theatre, Christa's new school called to see if she wanted to teach 3 Academic Government and 3 Honors US History classes instead of 6 World Geography..she said, heck ya...2 preps teaching 11th/12 graders is better than 1 prep of all 9th graders...Paige was disappointed and couldn't understand why we were celebrating...I joked that Christa got a promotion before she even started working.  She is super excited about her new job.

The girls did wonderful during swim lessons.  We left and ran into Hobby Lobby and Krogers.  We finally made it home and are now in bed watching a movie with the girls fighting at the foot of our bed...life is good.

No comments: