8.29.2011

Please EAT!





My kids are never hungry....neither one of them....I try and try and try....they don't even eat well at school...I am not packing junk...fruit, veggies, sandwiches, chicken, rice, left overs... They just can't be bothered....It is very frustrating...Dave and I have started giving them supplemental shakes so they get the calories and vitamins....

4:45 came very early this morning. I think it was 80 degrees as I was driving down I-10 around 5 am to the gym...Today was soooo hot...High of 106 or something. This heat is the worst ever....Every year we say it is bad...but this year really seems to be bad...We keep breaking heat records...When I get into my car in the late afternoon it say 117....HOW CRAZY IS THAT!!!!

I had a pretty good day at school...I am teaching all of my kids how to set up a stock market portfolio...they are given 150,000 fake money to invest and track throughout the semester....My AP kids are doing it, but ultimately would become savvy because they are going to college, etc...lots of my academic kids may never be exposed to how this works...for them I am excited about showing them how they can gain wealth (even in these economic times!).. The kids want to invest in companies like Wal-Mart, Coca Cola, etc...but I tell them to look for companies where there is potential growth....If the 52 week high is 90.50 a share and the stock is selling for 90.00 a share, they should be careful about buying high....I kind of thing Bank of America is a good option...It is currently selling for 8 something...high of 15 something....in the past 5 years it got to 50 or 55 a share...this could be a good deal....lots of the kids want to invest in Apple...which is always good...but there are lots of factors...#1 the new Iphone is about to come out (good), #2 Steven Jobs just resigned as CEO (bad, bc of health reasons)....we shall see.

This afternoon Christa and I held our first Senior Women meeting...We had over 100 girls show up...This looks like a fun group...we feel sorry for Senior Men because they never can get themselves organized....ever...they get so jealous we do fun stuff (sometimes we invite them)...but they need to buck up and find some good leaders!!! haha...

I picked up the girls and took them to HEB. They love going to the store with me and sampling some of the food. We came back, I attempted to feed them dinner, and now we are relaxing....the cycle start again...

No comments: