2.22.2012

AWESOME SKI TRIP WITH AWESOME FRIENDS!!!

It all started about a year and a half ago, maybe 2 years...I posted on facebook something about cinco ranch (neighborhood where we live)...a childhood friend Tara recognized it and long story short, she, Christa and I reconnected after about 15 years....and picked up like we were in grade school....we are all so lucky...all 3 of us have wonderful husbands with hil
arious personalities that treat us like queens...we all have beautiful, healthy children, jobs, and just good lives we appreciate...so now we hang out alot and have a blast...we decided to all go on a ski trip to Park City Utah over President's Day weekend. Half of the fun was planning it, and talking about it...and just looking forward...Brad ended up inviting a co-worker and his Russian girlfriend (that is another story in itself)...we had a blast....we travelled so well together. The first day we took it easy and found a fun brewary resturant. Christa and Tara found us a 4 story condo that was in the center of town, ski in/ski out for 150 a couple per day...sooo cheap. We had a blast. Day 2-- Brad and I spent the morning at ski school while the rest hit the slopes...the first thing Brad told the instructor and other 3 people was "hi, my name is Brad and this is Corrin who is not my wife"...it was pretty funny...I was glad later because he was terrible...but then he ended up kicking my butt....we all met for lunch/beers at a lodge...Christa and Tara walked in with the craziest faces....they were traumatized...apparently they went down a blue slope with Dave and Lance...Lance videoed the whole thing...Later that night we went and had a nice dinner at a French resturant...apparently it is a state law that you can bring in wine to any resturant and they charge a corkage fee...some larger than others...I guess because the state owns all the wine/liquor stores. I had 2 glasses of wine and went to bed pretty early. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling so sick...my stomach did not feel well...in the morning I realized I had the 24 hour stomach flu....I was disappointed I missed a day of skiing, but literally could not leave the condo...I just kept throwing up. The Russian girl kept saying I had a hangover...which aggraviated me because I didn't...I literally had a bug. I watched Cell Block 6 all day long and then couldn't even eat steaks the guys made for dinner. The good news was that the next day I was good to go...We all went skiing and I fell a million times...The girls decided to go back to the condo...we finally find a cab (it is illegal to flag down a cab in Utah)...we ask, "how much to go to our condo a few miles away"...he says "get in"...we get in...and ask again...he answers "15.00"...Christa flips out..."we paid 10.00 yesterday"..he says, "well today is not yesterday"...Christa then says "girls, lets get out...this is a rip off, he is trying to cheat us"...Tara and I looked at her like she was CRAZY...we waited for 10 minutes in the freezing cold and didn't care the cost....we weren't getting out....so we had a few awkard moments of a cab drive....I was aggravitated at the Russian girls because she kept saying that I had a hang over....I didn't...I had the flu....anyway, we went to a nice dinner where the Russian girl said some crazy things....Monday we had a later flight (4:30) so we told the guys to drive us to Sundance...we thought it was a town...the drive was BEAUTIFUL!!!! we finally make it to learn it is not a city with cute shops....just a lodge...we had fun...the guys drank "pologmy porter"....we finally made it home....,what an awesome trip...we definitely plan to travel together again!!!

No comments: