5.11.2012

Crawfish festival

Things have been so busy I have not had time to write about this past weekend. It was wonderful...beyond wonderful. I picked up April and Maureen at the airport and they stayed at my house Thursday night. The sweet teenager next door agreed to check on all three dogs throughout the weekend. (so much cheaper than a kennel). Friday morning Me, Dave, Isabella, S
ophia, April, Maureen, Danny, and Ashlee all piled into Christa's new Toyota Seqoia. They drove the Buick since we have 7 seats and they had 8. We get to Breaux Bridge and start setting up beds, and visit with my Aunt Marsha and Uncle Tim who came in from Michigan. This was the first time my aunt has ever flown. Later that evening some of our friends came into town and we just had a blast. Saturday more friends and relatives arrived. Michelle rented a huge bouncy house with water and mom and dad hired a band. There was lots of good food, drink, and visiting. I went to the festival for a few minutes to buy a few things. They have the best stuff for sale. I bought a poster and need to be good about actually framing it. Sunday was the Crawfish Festival Parade. The kids had a blast. We drove back to Katy so tired. We spent the rest of the day cleaning because my family was coming in Monday. So Monday night we had mom, dad, April, Maureen, Aunt Marsha, Uncle Tim, Christa, Brad, Paige, and Will, and my kids over for dinner. They were spending the night because April and Maureen flew out the next day. They all got a chance to go through the model home Christa and Brad are building. They loved it and were very complementary of Dave and I's house. Life is good....we are so blessed!!!!!

No comments: