5.14.2012

Tag-a-long to Corrin's Post

As an addendum to Corrin's post, I negotiated away penalties for drinking diet beverages. They have no calories and no one could tell me why they thought they were worse than coffee.

I think I did pretty well for my first day of our competition. However, I did violate the "no food after 7" rule (kind of reminds me of Gremlins)... In my defense, I hadn't even finished cooking my dinner by 7. Maybe I'll opt for a granola bar tomorrow if my schedule looks the same.

On another note, the girls were cute tonight. Sophia tried to use the potty at least three times I could count. She probably tried to go a few more times when I was out of the room. Mostly, the pull-ups were already wet...

I have lately become a big fan of Audible (an Amazon owned service that sells audio books). It's my latest kick. The player has an option to listen to the book at 3X speed. Others might disagree but I find it to be easy to understand. In the past month I've made it through 12 biographies, histories, and business strategy books. In order to retain the info I've been taking notes as I reach interesting pieces of the text. It's helped. I proved my point to Corrin by reciting every English monarch from William the Conqueror to Elizabeth the II. She didn't ask again.

A side effect is that I have started speaking faster.

1 comment:

nana said...

"I started speaking faster." That cracks me up :).