5.17.2012

Sleep Test

The sleep test finally came. We had to cancel a few weeks ago because Sophia got pink eye. Dave and I decided to have special one on one dates with one of the girls. Sophia and I had dinner on the patio at the Cheesecake Factory next to the hospital. We then headed up to the same place Dave and I went to give birth to her. We registered and then headed to the r
oom. I was so grateful there was a double bed. There was a male nurse who was very professional. He was has a 3 and 5 year old, so he was really good with Sophia. I put her in her new monkey pjs, she got to pick out a movie (Care Bears. He put a few probes on her arms/legs/chest. He then put her in a high chair to finish puttig the rest of the million wires on her head, etc. Nothing hurt, she colored and watched care bears. She went to bed around 9:30 pm and then woke up around 6 am. All in all it went well. I did not get a good nights rest at all. Throughout the night she would pull a cord out, an alarm would sound, and the nurse would re-attach it. At one point in the middle of the night she got fed up and tried to pull everything off. I calmed her down and she went back to sleep. We should know the results in about a week. The plan was for Dave to pick up Sophia (ready to go to school) and then I would go to work. Plans changed when she did not go to sleep until after 9...she also had a ton of goo where all the probes were. I asked Dave if he could meet me at the bagel place, pick her up and take her home to sleep and then maybe go to school. The plan was for Dave to drop Isabella off at school....Well, once Isabella realized Sophia wasn't going to school, she went nuts and ultimately they both stayed home... I went to work sooo tired....everything was good because I am at the end stretch. My AP Macroeconomics kids took their test this morning. I am so proud of how hard they worked. We are not allowed to talk about it, but I got the vibe they were ok. I am rewarding them with ice cream tomorrow. I am ready for a relaxing weekend... Next week is easy because it is finals, cap and gown, graduation rehersal, etc. The following week I won't recognize any of the students because they will be 9-11 graders.

No comments: