5.21.2012

My little photo opt nose pickers

Both girls thought it would be cute to take their skirts, put it on their heads and pretend to pick their nose. Actually Sophia remembered Isabella doing it so she did it first. This is a first because Sophia is the echo of Isabella. Isabella will say something and two seconds later Sophia will repeat it. Today was great...Seniors came in all day to take their fi
nals. I worked all day on stuff for my district staff development. I am so proud of myself. For the Spring Branch ISD Social Studies Fall staff developement, I am presenting for 3 sessions. The first is with a co-worker entitled First Year Teaching AP: "Have you been given a book and been told you will teach AP this year for the first time?" The 2nd and 3rd sessions will be for Economics teachers. I plan on focusing on Economic simulations. I will give economics and AP Macroeconomic teachers resources I wished I had years ago. We will also share ideas and I will talk about using podcasts and other cool tools to teach Economics. I dropped Molly off at Petsmart to be groomed for the first time...hopefully pictures will be coming soon. We have had her since Christmas and she really needed it. I knew we were overdo, but then she started scratching all of us. Dave thought I just wanted to get her groomed for astehtics....which is not true...apparently dogs have this anal gland thing that they have to do something with. My friend's dog's anal glad thing got infected. Plus they are brushing her teeth, cutting her long hair, the works...I felt like I was at a car wash. I told Dave it was pricey because it was Petsmart (I think we can find a better deal) but it was easy and because if we have to do this 2 or 3 times a year, Molly is worth it. There were some interesting stories over the past weekend. I will try and blog more current news so the girls have a history when they read these books. On facebook tonight my mom wrote how much she loved my blog...thanks mom...Facebook went public on Friday. The stock market even haulted all trades except facebook for the first 2 hrs...I did not know they could do this. Apparently at the end of the day it went back where it started. Lots of people were embarassed that it did not go up like they thought it should. The founder, Mark Z. married his longtime love of 9 yrs the following day in a surprise ceremony (she just graduated from Medical School)...He is only 28... The rest of the week shold be low key. Isabella's dance recital is Saturday. Everyone is coming over after for a bbq. I am going to be a back stage mom to help out. I am glad the dance teacher sends very detailed instructions. She is strict, but I guess you have to be that way for this line of work. I appreciated that she told us "newbie" moms that the little ballerinas usually recieve flowers after the performance. I would have not even thought of this...but it was nice because she mentioned that most of the parents do this so that everyone realizes. We have decided to skip summer Ballet and opt for swim lessons. I think we are going to use Houston Swim Club of Katy. It is pricey, but is a 2 week intensive swim program...Dave's co-worker reccomended it. We shall see.

No comments: