2.11.2014

The C Word....

This title is kind of funny....there are lots of words (not all good) that begin with C.....So, there is a good chance I have cancer.  I knew that Christa having thyroid cancer probably increased my chances.  I had my primary care physician check my hormone levels. They came back fine.  I told him I felt like I needed a neck scan ultrasound, he said I was fine.  Christa has reminded me over and over that her levels came back normal and she had cancer.  So, yesterday I went into my OBGYN for a thyroid scan...and ultimately they found 2 vascular masses that should not be there...uh..this just sucks...



I was supposed to be at a counseling conference at the Galleria.  I guess I just assumed my scan would be fine and then I would go on over there.  After the news, I was pretty upset.  I made it to the Galleria and kind of sat there in a daze...I decided to calm down, buy something (Pandora earrings) and then head home.



Life is good....I am ok...People don't die from thyroid cancer.  I had my pity party, drank way too much wine and woke up feeling better today.  I'm grateful that I know what things are going to look like.  I also get that there are a MILLION worse things that could be happening....I am trying to keep things positive....



Sooo....I am grateful and will just think of all the positives in my life:)

No comments: