3.05.2014

My Stich Fix

My stich fix came in!!!! I was so excited because I was expecting it around tomorrow.  I want to give my honest review and want to preface that these views are my opinions only.  Nobody at stich fix asked me to do a review.  Just a refresher on the company.  You fill out an online profile about your style.  You tell your likes, dislikes, taste, job, size, etc.  They assign you a stylist who will put together a monthly "fix" that includes 5 items.  I told my stylist I needed tops, was trying to lose baby weight, and would prefer to not spend a ton of money.  I am a "Target" girl.  I, however, will splurge on an item I love and know that I will wear over and over and over!


They sent me an email a few days ago saying my fix was on its way.  I was nervous because I lied about my weight "I know...bad...I have been trying very hard to diet...I have lost a few pounds, but not what I said I was!"...I was off by about 8-10 pounds...so I was nervous...and then I read the item descriptions and price. They sent me 2 shirts, a necklace, a jean vest, and a pair of high waisted pants....Ok was what I was thinking.....








Cliff Graphic Print Roll-Tab Henley Knit Shirt (88.00)
Matildy Denim Vest (44.00)
Adora Tortoise Link Necklace (38.00)
Emer High Waisted Cropped Trouser (98.00)
Cherise Cotton Tab Sleeve Henley Shirt (58.00)

 
Yes, the prices were WAY more than I am comfortable with spending.  I will make sure to tell my stylist that I want cheaper items...


 
The box was not that large.  I opened it and it had a little personalized note from my stylist, a picture card with the items and suggestions on what to pair them with.  There was a pre-labeled envelope for me to return anything I don't want to keep. There is a 20.00 styling fee that will be applied to anything I decide to keep.  If I don't keep anything I am out 20.00....



 
Ok...I was really surprised with my fix....My initial reaction was that I liked what they sent me.  It seemed spot on for what I wrote.  I was nervous to try things on because of my weight lie.  Sooo...with that being said, I am going to bravely post the pictures Isabella took of me trying them on.  I will say this...Most of them would have been PERFECT if I was about 8-10 pounds thinner...but I have been trying hard to lose weight and will get it off!!!!
 


 
Cliff Graphic Print Roll-Tab Henley Knit Shirt (88.00)




 
Ok....here is the deal with the shirt.  It is a small...I probably need a medium at my current size...but I loved how the shirt felt.  It is made of the best material...it just feels expensive...like one you would buy in a boutique. 


Matildy Denim Vest (44.00)



 
Yes, this is also too small...If I had the right accompany pieces I would like it more.  Pretty sure I am returning.

Adora Tortoise Link Necklace (38.00)

 
Like I said, cute necklace, but way too much money.

 
Cherise Cotton Tab Sleeve Henley Shirt (58.00)



This shirt was sooo comfortable.  It actually looks a lot cuter in person.  I like the cut because it makes you look like your waist is skinnier than it is! Not sure what I will do about this one.
 
Emer High Waisted Cropped Trouser (98.00)


 
Ok...here is the deal about these pants.  They are small (I am not a small)...I LOVE the color and I LOVE the material.  It is a stretchy material.  It does not have any zippers or buttons.  I thought for sure my big butt would not even be able to put them on....but by a miracle I could put them on...and I was shocked because I REALLY liked them.  I feel that when I am a smaller size I would wear these a lot.  I just love them.  I hate the price...but don't want to regret returning them...we shall see...Christa is doing a fix so I will get a 25.00 credit from her. 


Random Picts with pieces I own.



Ok....so here are the pros:  I loved the excitement of having a surprise package!  I felt the stylist really listened to my profile.  I heard that you give so much feedback that by your fourth or fifth you are not wanting to send anything back....I love that she sent me things I would never have tried on.  I love that I can try the pieces on in my home and it made me look for some of my own items that I could match them up with.  I love that it is very easy to send items back. I get to try new designers that I would have no idea about.  I liked one of the tops so I went to the website and was able to see other really cute stuff.
 
cons:  Price....pretty much the only con...the items are pricey....I knew right away that I would not keep the 38.00 necklace.  It was cute, but Charmin Charlie has way cuter stuff for a lot less..
 
I'm not sure what I will keep.  I know I won't keep the necklace.  I don't think I will keep the jean vest. 
 
I have three days to decide. Meanwhile this is what the feedback page looks like.




 
 One last thing.  If you keep all 5 items you get to take an additional 25% off...so if you LOVE 4 items, it makes sense to keep all 5...anyway, I have some deciding to do.  The problem is that I know I will lose weight but I am not that weight today:) 

Overall, I am really happy with the process.  I am excited to get another box.  I will leave feedback that I want lower prices and maybe a casual dress to wear when running errands...not sure...I can always post the link to my blog and my stylist will know exactly what I look like!
 

No comments: