8.03.2012

Surgery

Thursday  was S-day..surgery day for Sophia.  I told Dave to head to work because she wasn't supposed to go to surgery until 10am.  His office is downtown, near the medical center, so I figured it would work out.  They had me show up at 8 am to start the paperwork.  The plan was for Dave to leave his office around 9:15 to be there in time.  I guess they got through registering us faster than expected because next thing I know it is 9 am and I am having to leave her to go to surgery.  By the time Dave made it the surgery was over.  He came with me to wait in the recovery room.  Everyone kept saying how good Sophia was.  We were expecting her to freak out when she woke up like the other kids, but she didn't.  We had to wait quite a while for the room to be ready.  We had to spend the night because she is so little and considered high risk.

I can say this was the first hospital room we have stayed in that was not comfortable....it was very stark, cold, and empty.  Poor Sophia had to stay in this metal like crib that looked bizarre.  Dave and I asked for a pullout chair.  Sophia ended up sleeping on my tummy half the time there.  It wasn't horrible, but I feel they should have had a hospital bed with side things to protect her.  She just wanted to lay next to her mommy...

Dave was such a trooper, he worked all day from the room.  In the evening he needed to go back to the office to work.  Poor Sophia was only allowed to eat basic stuff....she scarfed down the canned pudding, so Dave smuggled her some Flan from Lupe Tortilla.







Today we are back home.  The girls and I are taking it easy.  They are both in my bed watching a movie.  Life is so good!!! God is so good!!!

No comments: