11.07.2011

Day Light Savings

This past weekend we gained an hour...it is weird having it get light early and dark early...the extra hour is nice...Today I decided to get back on the wagon...I was at the gym by 5:30...last week was too hectic to workout....I canceled my bunko tomorrow because I am so overwhelmed with things going on and work. The good news is both Christa and I were one of a
few people who got staff members of the week....for helping put on Tiger Fest....It will make a nice resume addition:) I am teaching about taxes and am struggling...I am trying to make it fun, exciting....but come on, taxes...how fun can they be...today I had the kids think about what career they wanted to be....think about an estimated salary and then we figured out Medicare (1.45%), Social Security (7.65%) and Federal Income Tax ( much more complicated)... I have been stressing because this week or next week is my window for my 45 minute observation...I just want eveything to be perfect...but being "on" 100% of the time is hard....anyway, I am developing a lesson for Wed/Thursday where the students learn about Federal/State/Local Expenditures and Revenue. They will have 6 stations to go through and 10 minutes at each station. I am excited about the lesson, but it has taken me hours to put it together. The Federal Revenue Station they will have to review the 9/9/9 Cain Plan, 20% Perry Flat Tax Plan, and then our traditional plan...and decide which they prefer. I checked out a Mac Book, I Pad, and I- Touch to have a few stations with technology. The local revenue one they have to read about our school district bond that was passed and decide whether they feel they have received the benefits:) should be interesting. The girls were supe cute when I picked them up. Tomorrow is one of Isabella's teacher's birthdays..(Isabella LOVES her and vice versa)...so Dave was nice enough to pick up a 15.00 starbucks card on the way home...he is awesome.....Oh, and the girls school picture proofs came in:)

No comments: