11.21.2011

Don't touch the turkey...

Great day...It is a 2 day work week for Dave and I...I gave test all day (teachers love test day...we can get caught up on grading , etc)..tomorrow I am showing an interesting show about self made millionaires. I plan on getting lots more done. I picked up the girls and then headed home to make beef stroganoff and carotts. Last night Dave bought a 25 pound turkey
and put it in the fridge to defrost. We kept it in the wrapper and netting from the store. The girls wanted to touch the turkey when Dave brought it home, but he made a huge deal about turkey and raw meat. Fast foward to tonight...I opened the fridge and Sophia touched the (wrapped) turkey for 2 seconds...Isabella saw and started screaming that I needed to wash Sophia's hands...I was distracted and told Isabella Sophia was fine because it was a second and she was touching plastic netting...Fast foward a couple of hours...I am playing with Sophia, Dave gets home...About 10 minutes later she goes up to Dave and whispers...she is telling on me about the turkey....too funny...my 3 year old tells on me... Tonight when we went to put the girls to bed Dave says he thinks Sophia is ready for the big girl bed...So I go downstairs and pull out the camera...Isabella keeps insisting that Sophia sleeep in her crib...(mind you Isabella has been in the big girl bed since she was one...Sophia will be 2 in a few weeks)...too funny...Fingers crossed she does well and we don't have 2 little girls banging on our room to get in every night... I am super excited about pulling out Christmas after Thanksgiving. Christa bought the girls a small pink tree from Garden Ridge (it was 80% off after Christmas)...Isabella insisted we put it out...we put the homemade ornaments on it...

No comments: