11.13.2011

Weekend rap up

What a great weekend....so nice to have a good weekend after a VERY STRESSFUL week!!!! Friday night we stayed in, watched a great movie with Steve Carrell (romantic comedy)...I ordered sushi delivery (for less than $20.00 they delivered a ton of food for the girls and I)...I am addicted to the tuna tartar. Saturday I took the girls to a friends daughters 2nd bday p
arty. We then went to our friends Lance and Tara's house for football and ribs...Today Dave and I cleaned out our upstairs bedroom that we have been using as storage. It was a nice, productive day with the girls. Just one more full week, then two days, then Thanksgiving. Dave's family is coming to our house this year. We have never hosted Thanksgiving before, so I am super excited. I have never made a turkey before...this is going to be a big deal. On a positive note, Dave now has 5 weeks vacation a year. He asked HR why he didn't get 5 weeks (standard at his company for 10 years experience)...they apologized and added an extra week for this year....Life is good..God is good. We are blessed!!! I am blessed because Christa has really helped me out with my lesson plans. Our school is pushing checking for understanding. They want us to be creative. It takes a lot more time planning, but makes for a first class lesson. This week I am teaching international trade. Should be a fun topic!!!

No comments: