9.11.2012

Enchildadas...best recipe ever!!!

Ok, so I don't like enchiladas... or I like them, but they are not on my top recipe list.  The best enchiladas I have ever eaten (besides Lupe Tortilla) came from Dream Dinners...I have been on a DD hiatus because I haven't had time to go get them, but remembered the awesome recipe...I found a similar recipe online, and made them tonight....they were AMAZING!!!  What makes this recipe so good is the creme cheese, sour creme, rotel, and cheese mixed together....add the rest, and wow!!!!

Here is the recipe:
Ingredients


4 ounces cream cheese, softened

½ cup sour cream

2 cups prepared salsa

2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar or Monterey jack

2 cups shredded, cooked chicken

1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed

½ teaspoon cumin

¼ teaspoon dried oregano

¼ teaspoon cayenne

salt and pepper to taste

4 scallions, thinly sliced

14 soft, round 6-8 inch tortillas

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in the salsa. Stir in half of the shredded cheese.

In a second bowl, toss together the chicken, corn, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, and the scallions. Add the chicken mixture to1/2 of the creamed mixture and stir to combine.

Place about 1/3 cup of the filling on a tortilla, roll up and transfer to a baking dish, seam side down. Repeat process for remaining tortillas.

Pour remaining cream mixture over enchiladas, spreading to coat all of them. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Enchiladas may be made up to this point 12 hours in advance.

Transfer to preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining scallions and serve warm. Enchiladas may be reheated, covered with aluminum foil.   I used the really low calories tortillas (50 calories) and they were good, but I imagine if I used the higher calorie ones, it would be that much better...but the 50 calorie ones tasted good because the sauce was divine.   We found at good news...Abby's test results came back negative. She had a swollen lymp node taken out of her neck and we were all worried....God is GREAT and has blessed our family.   


A lot of my AP Macro kids are getting how hard my class is.  It is not that I want the class to be hard, but AP Macroeconomics is tough.  We had our first test and some people did not study and then you can imagine their grade.  I did have several A's, but I had lots of grades.  I told the kids they needed to read the book.  It isn't even that many pages.  A lot of the kids who did not do well admitted they did not read.  Some of the kids read, came back and said, "Ms Wilcox, I get it.  I am so glad I read".  We shall see.  I really enjoy teaching all of my students.  I don't want to see any of them drop, but they have to be willing to put in the work.  Tomorrow is going to be a long day because we have open house at 7.  I have a feeling I will have A LOT more parents than in years past.  Life is good.  We are blessed!

No comments: