9.18.2012

Jury Duty...

I am probably the only person who was excited about Jury Duty...don't get me wrong...jury duty in the summer, not so exciting, jury duty in the fall...like it!!! I showed up (with 400 others) and was excited to review the process.  It has been a very long time since I was summoned..everyone wondered why I did not postpone or use the "I have 2 toddlers"...I wanted to go to jury duty....

Funny jury duty story...As I was walking into the courthouse I saw a guy with a Long Horn tattoo on his face...really, his face...on his cheek...and one on his wrist...he looked rough..I am pretty sure he was just a fan and never attended UT, but wow, putting that on your face is crazy!!!!  Like putting a tear drop..ok, the tear drop is worse, that means you killed someone.  My husband should be proud that I know what a tear drop on a face means, and one pant leg rolled up means something, and tennis shoes on a phone line means something....

Long story short, I didn't get picked..they randomly chose 80 people and then the rest of us got released around 11:30..I used my time wisely by heading home and using the rest of the day to work on graduate work and lesson plans.  Dave has a training so he got home early.  He took me for a quick date to a Mexican restaurant by our house.  I was impressed they had mini hall trees by the tables for people's purses. 

Life is good....God is Great!!!! We are blessed!!!!

No comments: