2.05.2013

New Dryer

Dave and I went to Home Depot this evening and bought a new dryer....Apparently when we bought our last one (at a scratch and dent place) they took out the original parts and replaced them with other stuff...that I guess was crap....so lesson learned, don't buy appliances at mom and pop scratch and dent places.  We took the appliance repair guys advice and did not buy a super fancy machine.  We just made sure the load was large.  The Home Depot sales guy was super nice and helpful.  He was an older gentleman who said that back in the day, dryers cost about half the price of washing machines because they are much simpler machines.  The prices doubled once manufacturers realized people bought washers and dryers in pairs and would pay the same price for each....ha...interesting dryer trivia:)

I just feel so enormously grateful that God has truly blessed us.  There are so many people who struggle every day, and we are fortunate enough to just go buy new appliances when they break....

I have the best coworkers...This morning a sweet girl I work with, Natalie, dropped off a few cute maternity dresses she said I could borrow...she always looks super cute and is really petite...very tiny...I hope I can fit into at least 1 of the dresses!  She has the cutest 10 month old son who looks like another friend of mine's little boy Sawyer.

On the way home from work, I told Isabella that I resigned from my teaching job effective the end of the school year.  I keep on talking about how exciting it is going to be for me to be a stay at home mom.  Today she started crying when I reminded her that next year I would be a stay at home mom...I asked her why she was crying...she said, "It is not fair...if I have to go to school, you should have to go to school"....really, she doesn't get how much better her life (all of our lives) will be...First, she won't be woken up at 5:30 am every day...She will get to sleep in until 7 or 7:30...that is just the start!






No comments: