9.09.2013

Stay at Home Mom

Today was AWESOME!!! It was the first day that I really felt like a stay at home mom...and loved it!!
I dropped the girls off at school and then headed over to Christa's side of town for a MOPS meeting.  Christa and I joined the Copperfield Mops group (moms of pre-school children).












 Our friends Jessica and Melissa have been members and asked us to join.  Isabella asked me what the group was about...I told her it was like girl scout meetings, but for moms:)
The meeting lasts from 9:30 am- noon, twice a month.  What is nice is that there is childcare provided so that the moms can have a relaxing few hours.  Some meetings they have a guest speaker, crafts, and other fun activities.  Christa and I dropped Charlotte and Finley off in the baby room (it is at a very nice church).  Both girls did wonderful.  They slept most of the time.












We had brunch, made a craft, and chatted.  About an hour and a half into the meeting while we were chatting and making a craft, I looked at Melissa and Christa and said "I am so grateful to be here and not at work"...It was just the best feeling ever...I am extremely grateful!  Melissa laughed and said she could never understand why I used to say that I don't know if I could be a stay at home mom....I must have been crazy!!!! If I would have known how awesome it would be, I would have started earlier...haha..
I picked up Isabella from school and she was super excited to tell me all about her day.  She just loves her new school.



 Apparently the teacher has been taking turns spotlighting a few kids every day.  Today Isabella and a couple other kids were spotlighted.  As a class they sing the name, ask the student questions...it sounds very cute.
I then picked up Sophia.  She was in a great mood as well.  The first thing she told me was that nobody wanted to be her best friend on the playground.  I told her I would be her best friend...she just laughed and shrugged it off...Interestingly that was the first thing she told her dad when he came home.  I am trying to figure out special things I can do with Sophia since I will be spending one on one time with Isabella doing girl scouts.  The MOPS group has a teddy bear picnic in October that I think I am going to take Sophia to.












For dinner I finally made the Red Snapper that I caught in Florida...It was really good and healthy:) Sophia had thirds!



No comments: