4.03.2014

2nd Stich Fix Review




Ok....A couple of things.... First, thank you whoever used my link as a referral and earned me 25.00, I REALLY appreciate it....I keep trying to figure out who it was, but it won't show me...So I thought I would blog about my 2nd month of this service....





Quick recap:  Stich Fix is an online stylist...you fill out your measurements, likes, dislikes, price range, etc...then a personal stylist picks out 5 items a month and sends it to your door...you can keep none or all 5 pieces...if you keep all 5 you get an additional 25% off...so if you LOVE 4 pieces, it makes sense to keep 5.  And this is my own personal opinion...nobody paid me or forced me to write about this....I just like the idea!



I am no means a rich girl...far from it....if you ask my husband (or Christa's) we are poor...but...I am not a big shopper and so I rarely spend money on myself...it is all about "the girls"...so when I heard about this service, I wanted to try it...Once a month you get a box. They charge you 20.00....if you buy any piece, they apply the 20.00 towards it.  If you refer anyone, you get a 25.00 referral fee...so far, I have earned 50.00...thank you referrals!!! (I know Christa is one)

For those of you who remember, I lied about my weight...because I am TRYING to lose this baby weight (my baby is 7 months)...but I had a cancer scare and then life just happens...sooo...my first fix the clothes were too tight...I kept 2 pieces (way too expensive) but I knew I loved them and WILL lose the weight... you have a prepaid envelope where you have 3 days to return what you don't want.

So my confession is that I am still not the weight I told her originally, but this 2nd fix was still ok. On my feedback I came clean and told her I just don't want to invest in big clothes...because once my internship is over, I will be at the gym A LOT more...

So here is my review....I get excited when they say it is on its way...she listened to me and the prices were not AS bad....still more than my Target budget. I told her last time, please don't send me jewelry because I like Charmin Charlie, I need shirts and I would love a fun dress I could dress up or down...she listened to me...I told her I need cheaper prices...I keep stressing I am a stay at home mom, 3 kids under 5 and will only splurge every once in a while....

I will show you pictures of what she sent  (1 dress, 3 shirts, 1 jeans).

I will only show a picture of me in the piece I decided to keep (the dress)...I loved it....can dress it up, down....and I wore it on our anniversary date.

Ok...the dress I kept:  Garbielle IKAT Print Fit and Flare Dress- 68.00



I love that I can put it with a jean jacket, black cardigan, or nothing in summer...plus when I lose more weight it will only look better!



Arcade Dot Print Chambray Top- 68.00....too much money...cute top...little snug...good fit though...but it would be way better in September...material was heavy...we are in Houston and it is starting to get hot....so I passed...




Annabella Pointelle Knit Layered Top- 58.00....yes pricey...but I really liked this...would be cute with a jean jacket...but once again, I am being picky and it is getting hot...if I am skinny in the fall and they send this to me, I will keep it! It actually looked cute on.



Geena Chevron Print Belted Tunic - 58.00--- hated...first, I don't look good in long tunics...or shirts with little belts....I like chevron, but this was not good for me...at all....



Kristy Skinny Jean- 78.00 hated!!!! uh...I don't like skinny jeans... lots of the recommendations suggested leggings....I don't own leggings...so far I don't look good in those...when I am 35 pounds lighter, things might change...these were awful....But if you are looking for a FABOLOUS pair of jeans, go to New York and Company....stretch bootcut..on sale for 27.00....and you will feel good because the smaller sizes fit you! 



My feedback this time was that I would not mind her finding me a couple more "fun" dresses I can dress up or down...especially in Houston...

And, my accessories are all Charmin Charlies...I actually got them on clearance!


2 comments:

THE RODRIGUEZ FAMILY said...

I love it that you are reviewing your experience. The new dress you got is really cute. If you ever want to meet up I can take you to some places that have cute dresses for a good price. I wear a dress almost every day and it's great for post baby body.

The Wilcox's said...

I'm just reading this! That would be awesome Elizabeth!!! You always look super cute...I'm glad I don't have to wear a dress every day, but have worn my stich fix dress at least 4 times already! Hope all is well you your family. Would love to read your blog if you are still doing it!