They didn't have them (apparently everyone has been doing this recently) so I settled on a safety pin. (and lots of other fun badges for the end of the year). I knew we had a bench that was supposed to be delivered from when we bough our bedroom furniture, but gambled I would be back in time....As I was pulling out of downtown they called and said they would be there in 45 minutes! Score!!!
They delivered and then I decided to run to HEB to pick up cake and ice cream for the fire station visit....but I decided I had a couple extra minutes to run to the TGF salon next door and get a few long bangs....because Christa got them recently and I liked them...
I made it home with the cake and ice cream and then watched my friends daughter for a little while so she could get her hair cut. I picked the girls up and then we had a few minutes before the field trip...
Life is good...the field trip is awesome....
Here are a few Fire Safety Tips:
- have a meeting place...not in back yard or your front yard...or across the street....usually at one of next door neighbor's house
- tell little kids to not hide from fire fighters
- if the kids get stuck upstairs, have them open window and start throwing toys, stuff out window so the firefighter knows a kid needs to be rescued
- buy a fire extinguisher
- change fire alarm batteries twice a year
- lots of grease fires
- lots of fires caused by dryer vents.