6.04.2012

Bomb...not really...






Ok today was interesting....very interesting...Christa came over with Allison and Abby around 1 pm....The girls are taking very cool summer classes at Lone Star College. Interior Design and City Planning...Next week Top Chef and Fashion Design. Christa said she would watch the girls for a while so I could work out. As I was walking out of the house I noticed something very weird....Ok, I get I live in very cozy suburbia...but I watch the news and way too many crime shows. So I was very surprised to see 2 suitcases standing next to the mailboxes which are right across from our house...it was super weird. An expensive looking black, computer suitcase and army bag...just laying there...Today was trash day and everyone was passing by...but these 2 bags just sat there...So, I went inside to see what Christa thought (she didn't know). I decided to ask my male next door neighbor what he thought (he wasn't there). I then called Dave and sent a picture..he said I was overreacting...but I couldn't just let it go. So I called the neighbor across the road to see if she thought someone from her house left them accidently..she said no...so I then called the Ft. Bend Non-Emergency Police to see what the said. They said they would send a unit. Christ and I sat on the porch betting on when they would come. She said it would take forever, but I said, "come on, nothing is happening around here...I bet they come sooner rather than later"...I think I won the bet...2 cruisers show up 10 minutes later"...I explained the situation and all the while I am thinking "bomb", they just go right in and open up the black leather suitcase and army bag. Christa replies "aren't you scared". The police says, yea, maybe you 2 should step back in case it is a bomb so we are the only ones blown up. We then all see that in the black bag is a very expensive laptop, an Ipad, and lots of other things. Christa says, "I bet some guy cheated on his wife so she just dropped this off"...the officer replies "typical female"... they then try to figure out whose stuff this was. Meanwhile, my neigbhor called and said, yes, it was her friends stuff. The officers were not very nice about this misunderstanding. They took off and left me with the bags to return to my neighbor.

The rest of the day was normal. I worked out, we went to Hobby Lobby looking for kids' crafts. The highlight of the day was Christa and I meeting Tara for a girls sushi dinner. We needed to catch up....and it was happy hour prices:) A good time was had by all. When we got back we spent a good hour talking to our neighbors...we are just getting to know our neighbors. They are super nice..

Tomorrow both girls start their new classes at Goddard School. I plan on working out in the morning and spending the rest of the day working on my graduate Counseling class. It just started today and I have lots of assignments to turm in...life is great!!!

1 comment:

nana said...

Good for you Corrin!! Boo to the police! Over here, we are told all the time to be vigilant - and you were!! Those suitcases were suspicious and you did the right thing. Don't let those cops make you feel bad about it.