6.17.2012

Theories...

I know this is a dry topic, but it is one that I am trying to get through. I take a new online class every five weeks for my masters in counseling. The first class was an intro and pretty interesting. The second class I am currently working on is psychological theories. Week 1 was Carl Rogers. Week 2 (this w

eek) was Alfred Adler. Rogers came up with the self centered theory and Adler came up with the individual counseling theory. Adler was a student of Freud, but ultimately Freud voted to not have him be apart of the same university. I believe Adler broke away and formed an opposite theory. Adler felt that people controlled their own destiny and most of our behaviors are shaped between the ages of birth and five years old. I asked some of my counselor friends if this was the hardest class and they all said yes...So the good news is that I only have three weeks left of this torture. A girl I know is doing her masters in English and said that my degree was a joke and hers was way harder. I think at this moment, I would have to disagree. I have never spent as much time on a class for any of my undergraduate or graduate classes in educational leadership. The good news is I took a practice exam (we had to complete, but it was not for a grade). I got 8 out of 10 questions correct.

No comments: