6.08.2012

Reverse Psychology



Last night I made a great dinner...or shall I say defrosted and heated up a great dinner (brocoli and cheese chicken and rice casserole) my mother in law made for us. It was sooo good! I also added tortillas, left over roast beef, and La Madeline tomato basil soup (because it is so fattening



. Isabella said, "mommy, what goes in this space...she had an empty space on her plate".. I had a quick idea. What would happen if I put m&ms in the empty part and told the girls they couldn't eat them until they eat dinner. I wish I could say it was a success, but the girls just were not into eating much dinner. So, I threw away the m&ms and Dave and I sent both girls up to bed (it was 6:30). We are tired of them wasting food and just picking at it. The girls cried and we hope they will remember this for tonight.

Yesterday was great. Dave sorted the girls out and brought them to school so I could go with my friend Dawn and her daughter Ava for outpatient surgery. She had eye surgery and is doing great. Dawn's husband was out of town for work, so I did not mind going with her. I know I would not want to take the girls to surgery by myself. In fact, it looks like Sophia will probably have to have surgery for her tonsils or adenoids or both because of her sleeping.

The rest of the day I spent working out and working on a paper for one of my classes. I spent hours trying to translate a paper by psychologist researcher Carl Rogers entitled: The Foundations of the Person Centered Approach. I still have to finish this paper and write another by Sunday. I want to do as much as possible so that I don't have to spend my weekend stressing about the assignment.

1 comment:

nana said...

Hey! Carl Rogers was my great Uncle! I always hoped to learn about him in psych class, but we never did. My great Aunt married him and he died before I was born. Very cool!