6.06.2012

D Day




Today is D Day. It is hard to even contemplate what these brave men went through. A few years ago a friend (a teacher) and I won a Fund For Teachers Traveling Grant to spend three weeks traveling to WWII battle sites and museums. The beaches of Normandy were one of our stops. I won't forget the huge cemetery filled with both Jewish and Christian Soldiers. We also stopped at the British War Museum in London, a Concentration Camp, Berlin Germany, Switzerland, and other places I can't remember because I am tired.

I also finished a really good, sad book called Those Who Save Us. It went back and fourth between today and WWII (Germany and Minnesota). It was really depressing at points, but I couldn't put it down. I was over 60 chapters!

Today was very lazy. We were supposed to have a play date this morning, but I had to cancel because Sophia and I woke up not feeling well at all. So today we just rested, the girls watched movies in my bed while I worked on graduate work and puttered on the web. I went on pinterest for a while and found a lot of good ideas. One new website is like mapquest, you put in your start and end point and it chunks the road trip into legs and makes suggestions of cool places/restaurants along the way. Technology is amazing.

No comments: