6.08.2012

California...

I asked Isabella what I should title today's blog...she replied "Califoria"...ok...I said "what is California?"..Isabella "it is a state in the United States"..the summer theme at their school is America. They are learning states, flags, and other things. I picked them up from school Thursda







y and their snack was strawberries, blueberries, gram crackers, and whip creme (red, white, and blue). One of the doors is decorated in a full Louisiana theme (who Dat!). Lots of the kids in Katy have parents who are Louisiana transplants. I always see who dat gear!

Today was very productive. I took the girls to chick filet for lunch and then we signed them up for an intensive 2 week swim lesson class at the Houston Swim Club- Katy branch. Sophia just made the class with Isabella where I don't have to get in the water (yes!).

We then came home so the girls could take a nap and I could work on a paper. I am not going to lie- the paper I had to read and analyze by Carl Rogers was hard. Hard in the sense that I spent hours just breaking down the article to understand the person-centered approach that is the basis for most psychholgist/counseling programs.

Dave came home and I went to the Y to work out. I have started to read a really good book called City of Thieves. It is another book set during WWII (I don't know why I keep reading this setting)...but this one is funny and not so sad. It is set in Russia during WWII. Two guys are arrested (not together). One (17 yr Jewish guy serving as a fire fighter...his dad was a famous Poet who was arrested and killed) is arrested for taking stuff from a dead German pilot who has fallen into Stalingrad. The other (20 something, good looking funny) is in the Russian army. He was arrested for deserting the Russian army. The two should have been killed, but a high ranking Russian commander needs 10 eggs for his daugthers wedding cake. There are no eggs in Leningrad so they have a week to find them. If they are successful they will live.

When I got home Dave made a nice dinner and we went upstairs to watch Parenthood and the girls played.

No comments: