6.05.2012

Cupcake Wars





Christa and I are trying to come up with fun ways to entertain our 6 kids...her 4 and my 2...so she came up with Cupcake Wars. She organized it and we are having it at my house next Wednesday. Here is the premise...Moms and kids come over around 2 with their ingredients to make 12 cupcakes....they start baking...At 6 the judging (and hamburger/hotdogs) goes on. We have prizes for most creative, best tasting, best decorative. This will be fun because the kids of all ages will get into it.

Today was great. The girls started back at daycare for their Tuesday/Thurday day. I am grateful because I just started my second class for my masters in counseling so I can use this day to get work done. (which I didn't get to today)

I dropped the girls off to their new classes...they both moved up. Sophia started to throw a tantrum and the teacher said, "Sophia, let's give your mom a high five outside the window"...I gave her a high five and she was good...When I picked her up she had a barrett on the back of her dress because it was a tad too big...It was a 2T dress that was Isabella's that is a little too big. Apparently according to Isabella, Sophia showed her boobie today and then did the "I tee teed on the potty dance"...it is so funny...Sophia does some type of break dancing thing.

I felt VERY BAD when it came to Isabella...we showed up late (around 9) and nobody was in her new class...then I realized we forgot her bedding for naptime...we then found her class outside and the second we saw her new teacher, Isabella put her finger in her nose...I said, "Isabella, it is not nice to pick your nose in front of people"...her new teacher joked "yea, that is not the best first impression"...Isabella looked at me MORTIFIED and started crying...I felt soo bad. It was one of those rare occasions that Isabella truly gets her feelings hurt...she was embarassed and mortified....I felt bad and took her inside to comfort her...she cried and begged to go home...we made a deal I would bring her a surprise if she was good...she requested a donut...(of course I bought her one)...

I then went to work out with the intention of doing school work after. The problem with this plan was that when I got home finally from working out and getting information to help a friend out and watch her cats while they go on a European cruise, I came home and realized it was a disaster. During the school year when I am working, the cleaning lady come every 2 weeks for about 6 hours and then we pretty much do light picking up here and there...well, now that the girls and I are home all day long, it seems the house gets trashed fast...so, that means I have to deep clean at least once every other week....which I can not complain...I am blessed...I cleaned for 3 hours, went to do a few errands and then picked the girls up...spent time with Dave and the girls, and then it was time for bed...zero school work..not good...tomorrow has to be much more productive...

No comments: