6.12.2013

Mid Week Beach Post

Ok...I admit, I am generally not a beach person.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the beauty, but I much prefer the mountains and cooler weather.  I think it is because the last few times we have gone to the beach it has been VERY HOT and lots of sea weed and the water has been murky.  This time is different.  I am actually really enjoying the beach.  Yesterday was perfect.  It is not too hot, the water is beautiful, waves perfect, sand perfect.  We went to the beach for several hours and just enjoyed it.  I stayed out a bit too long and got burned, but am ok.  Dave ran 6 miles and then joined us.  The kids were super cute.  They just entertain themselves, played in the sand, played with each other.  It is great having most of the cousins and friends for them to play with.  Everyone is getting along great (knock on wood).  

We came back to the beach house and relaxed.  I worked on graduate work for a little while and then we ate dinner (it was Tara and Lance's night...bbq ribs...so good!!!  Every night someone else takes a turn making dinner...we made tacos the night before).  After dinner we all headed to the beach to take family photos.  Morgan and his girlfriend Amanda arrived just in time.  The plan was to take the kids to putt putt golf afterwards. The place we went was WAY to busy, so we all just ended up finding an ice cream place and calling it good:)

Today Dave and I are going Deep Sea Fishing.  I am very excited about it.  Christa and Michelle said they didn't mind watching the girls.  I tried to book us for an early morning trip, but they were all booked...so we go in the afternoon.  Can't wait!

On a different note, today I am 31 weeks!  Finley is the size of a head of lettuce.  She should weigh about 3 lbs by now.  She kicks all the time (which I love!).  We can't wait to me her.  Life is great! We are blessed...

Funny note:

Lance brought all of the kids back to the beach house yesterday while a few of us stayed longer at the beach.  He sent a text with a conversation he and Sophia had...

Me and Sophia's conversation on the Potty

me:  you have to tee tee and poo poo?
Sophia:  don't say tee tee and poo poo...those are bad words
me:  ok, do you have to go potty?
Sophia:  yea...my poop is this big (holding her hands about 2" apart)...mommy's poop is this big (stretching her arms out as far as she can)
me:  laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants

She is a pistol:)













No comments: