6.05.2013

Strep

Poor Isabella,

When she went to bed last night she said she didn't feel well.  I felt her head and realized she had a fever.  She also said her throat hurt.  Dave worked from home last week so it was my turn.  I hated to call in today because I have missed so much work, it is my second to last day, and it would have been an easy day! When Isabella woke up this morning her fever seemed to have gone down a little.  She said her throat still hurt.  I almost didn't take her to the doctor, but ultimately decided since we are about to go on vacation, that I needed to take her..just in case...She wasn't really complaining, so I wasn't sure if she had anything.




Luckily I got an appointment but it was kind of sad once we got there.  Isabella and Sophia go to a very nice doctor who has had the same nurse for 21 years.  Apparently a few days after our last visit in January she passed away.  It is really sad because she was young (probably 50ish).  Isabella tested positive for strep so I am thankful I took her.  I just hope that Sophia doesn't catch it!  Isabella can't go back to school tomorrow so I have to take her with me to work to wrap up last day of school stuff. 

I am just so grateful to not have to deal with the stresses of the education system.  Don't get me wrong, I am truly blessed to have had a wonderful teaching career for so long.  I just feel that I am ready to focus on my family.  Education right now is going through lots of ups and downs.  It all boils down to leadership.  I have taught at several schools and it was at my last school (Stratford) where I found what a GREAT leader looks like.  Yes, I have had great leaders in the past, but my current principal just stands above the rest.  He is fair, a hard worker, honest, and appreciates hard work.  He loves his wife and kids and has been nothing but professional every day that I have worked there.  Too often you see at other schools lots of drama and people in leadership positions who really don't deserve to be there.  That is why I am glad that I am getting out right now before I become bitter:)

No comments: