6.18.2013

Opinion

I decided to write about my opinion on a current event.  Recently there is an American named Edward Snowden who was a lower level government contractor who lied about his credentials, gained access to top secret information, and now has started leaking it to the press.  He cowardly escaped to Beijing and is currently seeking asylum from another country because people in the US and other countries are TICKED OFF!  The reason it is a big story is because he is trying to tell the world that the US government is spying on everyone via cell phone, internet, etc.  He has ticked off MANY countries around the world because he has leaked information about them as well.

Here is my opinion:
I am all for civil liberties, but am more than Ok with the government eavesdropping on my boring calls or boring emails if it means my daughters will be safe.  The government has come out and reported that they are not illegally listening to Americans....I am ok if they are...they have said that they have thwarted at least 50 terrorist plots because of top secret actions...I hope they catch the Snowden guy and put him on trial for being a traitor...His own father has gone on the news telling him to give himself up and to stop leaking information.  I just feel that all the people who support this bozo would have a different opinion if their loved one were murdered by a terrorist.


No comments: