6.03.2013

Orange You Glad It Is Summer!!!

Today my department is having a luncheon to celebrate our coworker who is retiring and to celebrate baby Finley and baby Fischer (coworker who is due 2 days after me).  I wanted to do something nice for everyone so I went on pinterest and found the orange idea.  The original idea was to have an orange goodie bag filled with orange stuff (cheetos, tic tacs, gum, etc), but I decided to do orange tumblers I found at Wal-Mart.  I filled them up mostly with orange slices, but did put some Recesses chocolate.  The girls had a great time helping me put them together.  I feel like I will be able to more of these kinds of things once I am a SAHM:)

On a different note...I never watch the tv show Stories from the Emergency Room...it is usually too gross...but I was flipping through yesterday and started watching a story about a bride who came in 3 hours before her wedding.  She was complaining of a headache.  Her parents thought she was having pre wedding jitters and wanted the ER doctor to give her something to calm her down.  She had 2 pussy lesions on the back of her neck from bug bites.  Her doctor gave her antibiotics but it did not seem to be clearing up.   The ER doctor asked if she had traveled recently.  She said a few weeks before she was in Costa Rica on her bachelorette party. He then did an ultrasound of the lesions and saw something...He then put petroleum jelly on the  lesions and told her to wait a few minutes...Long story short...this is what I found to be so interesting. Apparently while she was in Costa Rica, a few mosquitoes bit her and while they did that they laid eggs in her skin.  The eggs hatched and worms started growing in her neck.  The worms need ventilation so when the doctor put the petroleum jelly on the lesions, he started suffocating the worms so they wanted to come out...I think she had about 5- 1 inch worms growing in her neck... Soooo crazy!!! But, what a good doctor. The good news is that that type of thing does usually not happen in the U.S.  If I ever go to Costa Rica, I will be sure to spray lots of bug spray on me!!! 




No comments: