9.24.2011

Girls Day Out

The girls needed new school shoes so I decided Isabella and I would have a mommy and daughter day out...(I spent all day with Sophia the other day and will do the same with her soon)...Dave had a nice day with Sophia....Isabella was soooo good...We started out at Kohls to look for shoes for both the girls and I....I haven't bought a new pair of running shoes in about 5 years.....crazy...I have still been wearing the shoes I ran the marathon in...Anyway, Kohls had the best deals!!! I got a great pair of cute Nike's for about 40.00....and I am sure I will wear them for 5 more years...I joke with Dave that he is so lucky he did not marry a shoe girl. Anyway they didn't have much for kids so we headed to Katy Mills Mall to have lunch and look for kids shoes. Isabella was so sweet and asked if she could ride the carousel. In the past she has been terrified of it and refused to ride. The last time at Katy Mills, Sophia rode while Isabella cried on the sideline because she was scared and because her sister was on it...This time was much better....The cost was 2.00 and I was free as long as I didn't sit down (that is what the kid said)...I ultimately bought the girls the same shoes I have purchased them in every size....whiten leather ked mary janes....I usually get them on sale...they are easy for the girls to wear, match almost everything, are school appropriate, and are durable. Sometimes I have even found them at a secondhand shop or Goodwill Select.... We got home and then went to the grocery store with the whole family...by the time we were home again, Isabella was out....she hadn't had a nap and was exhausted! I am going to grade papers and watch Modern Family with Dave...Tomorrow we are having a bunch of people over for the Saints/Texans game...The good news is that everyone in our house is healthy again!!!!

No comments: