10.05.2011

iconic day and princess castles

Today started out relatively normal. When the girls got home they had a surprise awaiting them....Thanks to Amazon Prime, they had a cute pink castle tent...we ordered a gift for a little boy's party this weekend in Austin (a castle tent) and couldn't pass the princess one up....(only 20.00)...they LOVE it....and were so excited. I picked up Isabella first (which I usually do)...she was inte
nsly listening to a story her teacher was reading...she asked if I could come back...so I went and got Sophia, who was also playing with books. Sophia and I came back to Isabella's room and waited outside...They had the teacher's bios outside the room....I read them and once again was so grateful that Isabella is being taught by 2 ladies who both have bachelor's degrees and the third is working on her associate degree. We came home, played with the castle and I cooked sesame chicken...it was good!!! The iconic day part came this evening with a breaking news report that the founder of Apple, Steve Jobs, died today at the age of 56...He stepped down as CEO a month ago...he has been sick for some time...It is sad because he was such an innovator...he will defintiely go down in history books...the ironic part was that yesterday Apple made a huge announcement about their new IPhone..it is the next one after generation 4....Dave and i have generation 2...and it is dying on me...I can't take pictures anymore..the mapquest doesn't work and it freezes all the time...no video, etc...the new phone has fancy features...you can talk to the phone and say "wake me up at 6 am tommorrow" and it will...or "search wikipedia and tell me about whales"...or "where is a Tai Resturant in Houston'...I love that you can talk text instead of typing....anyway, soooo sad he died... Tomorrow should be hectic....teaching all day, parent conference after school, taking Isabella to dance, and then going back to her school for a parent teacher conference...and then packing for Austin for myself and the girls.....We are soooo blessed...we have a wonderful family, all our parents/siblings....life is good....plus our favorite show "Modern Family" is on tonight! I am hoping that Sophia's second blood result test comes in tomorrow....hopefully it will be good news:)

1 comment:

nana said...

I'm hoping Sophia's tests are ok as well!