10.12.2011

Tough little girl

Today was hectic...I had all my stuff packed to go to gym in the am...but when I woke up, Dave told me he had to go to the terminal right away, so I needed to get the girls ready and drop them off at school...which was ok, but I was worried about time because today was the Eco Fair. If I drop the girls off, it takes me about an hour to get into work. I knew I would have over 100 eager eco students ready to set their stores up in the cafateria....It all worked out ok....I usually keep my cell phone on vibrate in case the girl's school calls...(which they have done a few times)....I was so busy that I put my phone in my backpack and worried about the Eco Fair...this was the first year that I was in charge 100% of eveything....After the fair, I checked my phone and saw the girls's school called a couple hours before...which panicked me because Dave was at the terminal and can't turn his phone on (too dangerous)...I called to see what was up, and they said this morning Sophia was playing outside and there was a little dew that she slipped on....apparently she hit her eye and at that time it was the size of a small grape...I asked how she was and they saidd she seemed fine...they just wanted to let me know the situation in case I wanted to come check her out....I said I really couldn't leave unless it was an emergency...they assured me she seemed fine, was about to eat lunch and they would monitor her...I let them know I would leave right when my last bell rang.... Sidenote--- eco fair went great....lots of great projects...one group even sold bricks with celebrity pictures on it...it was 3 of my AP boys...they thought they had the best item in the market par none....I disagreed....who would want to pay to have to carry a heavy brick around....they ended up giving the ones they didn't sell away for free (heck ya, otherwise they would have to carry lots of heavy bricks)....One group was super clever....They sold masks that were basically pictures of teachers faces...too cute....lots of sunglasses, frames, pillows, lanyards, necklaces......the kids had a blast and really learned alot...they got to see inflation (or even hyperinflation) at the end....too many dollars chasing too few goods...they had loads of money left, but very little was left.... I left school nervous for 2 reasons...#1 what Sophia's eye would look like, and #2 how Isabella behaved today....When I picked up Sophia her teacher was holding her (of course) and dancing while the rest of the class was dancing...the kids were sooo happy (including Sophia). Apparently she wouldn't take the ice straight to her face, but when her teacher put the ice on her shoulder she would lay on it....by lunch Sophia was fine...she was even trying to be the center of attention...every once in a while she would point to her eye, fake cry and say oww....and then smile.....she is perfectly fine... Isabella got a great report, so I took her to Michaels to find a craft (my promise to her)...I bought a new wreath holder for my door (I have a stick fleur de lis that I wanted to decorate)...I bought the girls a cat mask, stickers, and construction paper.... We got home, did crafts, I made beef stroganoff for dinner...poor Dave didnt' get home until after 8...

No comments: